- Say "sure thing, sweetie" so when you totally screw it up that she is even more disappointed.
- Have the threadlike string break as soon as the kite is in the air.
- Chase the kite across a field.
- Granny knot the string together.
- Have the staple on tail rip off the kite in the first gust of wind.
- Tie it back on with another granny knot.
- Fly the kite upside down for 12 feet and then fall in the ditch trying to gain momentum.
- Have the threadlike string break in a totally different spot.
- Yep, you guess it, granny knot it again.
- Try flipping the angle of the sticks.
- Watch as kite does crazy, drunken monkey spiral dance.
- Run for 5 minutes without stopping (make sure you are 40 years old or more for this) and still mange to get the kite only 8 feet off the ground.
- Ask your 9 year old son for his sage wisdom.
- Totally discount the Johnny Test sounding advice you just got.
- Have the thread break three more times, and add 3 more granny knots.
- Swallow all the "damnits" and "son-of-a-bitches" that are trying to escape.
- Walk little girl back to her house and freak out single mom who is in chair getting her hair pulled through a skull cap by her mom in order to be colored.
- Giggle as she shrieks, "No, don't look!" Bahahahahahhahahahahahaha!
- Find out it was only a $1 kite.
- Go to store and buy and a new freaking kite.
How to Help Your Neighbor/Single Mom's Kid Fly a KiteBy Dmroughton
These articles might interest you :
Tiffany! You have a mom's day gift coming in the mail! Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get to business. :) And, before you click away,... Read moreBy Dreenaburton
The Neighbor Doorknob Hanger was designed by artist Candy Chang for GOOD Magazine. The Neighbor Doorknob Hanger is a simple, double-sided sign that provides a... Read moreBy Gerard
I've been called lucky a few times when other parents found out when the dudes started sleeping through the night. I have to admit I kind of agree with that. Read moreBy Parentingsmh
I know what you're thinking. Here we go again with another outraged mom boo hooing about how banning children from restaurants is unfair. NOT!Let me be clear. Read moreBy Parentingsmh
We live in a very wooded community and the house backs to woods. Each major storm we hear of a tree falling and damaging someone’s fence, toolshed or even home. Read moreBy Wardrobeoxygen
FASHION, SELF EXPRESSION, SHOPPING
Okay, so maybe "single-handedly" is a bit of a stretch. But I'm not so naive that I don't realize that I had something to do with the demise of Borders Books. Read moreBy Clogsandtulips
BOOKS, SELF EXPRESSION
Have you wondered how visible your brand or blog is? There is a cool tool to help you with that. It's called HowSociable. HowSociable helps you learn more... Read moreBy Lisa
SELF EXPRESSION, TECH
MOST POPULAR FROM DIARIES
- Ways To Save Money When Travelling As A Large Family by Sparklesandstretchmarks
- A City Segmented by Rielouise
- Top Survival Tips for Living Through a Water Crisis by The Fashionable Housewife
- 3 Ways To Update A Boys Bedroom by Sparklesandstretchmarks