1. I'm sick.
2. I've been sick for a while and need to be on bed rest and antibiotics.
3. I haven't played much this season.
4. Actually, I haven't played in a really long time.
5. I don't play much tennis. I mostly play golf.
6. I don't play Champ level tennis.
7. We've never played together before.
8. In fact, we've never met before.
If you guessed that they gave ALL of these excuses within the space of about 5 minutes, you would be correct! I think they were suffering from what I believe is known as "Serena Williams Syndrome." They seemed to have plenty of excuses to explain why they lost but they never once said anything nice about why we won. I mean we did have to do a little bit of work on the court even if the score makes it look like it was a cake walk.
All I'm saying is don't just be a graceful winner. Let's all be graceful losers too. Don't detract from my win by telling me all of your excuses for why you played so badly when there is some remote shred of possibility that my partner and I just happened to play well. Or, if you must give me an excuse, go ahead. Just don't give me 8 of them.
© Kim Selzman 2011 All Rights Reserved
These articles might interest you :
I just got back from a great ski trip to The Canyons right outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. Despite the fact that you cannot tell from this pic, this is actuall... Read moreBy Kselz
Marcia of mom.wife.fitness.LIFE. This is a guest blog from one of my Team 4all teammates, Marcia of mom.wife.fitness.LIFE. Marcia is a fitness enthusiast who... Read moreBy Kselz
FITNESS, SPORTS, TENNIS
If ever the phrase ‘don’t quit your day job’ applies, it’s here. Don’t EVER retire Vince. Read moreBy Thetennistipster
Classic Goran as he had to default a match because he ran out of rackets. Read moreBy Thetennistipster
I just finished reading Bring Your Racquet: Tennis Basics For Kids by Steven White and all I can say is, "Where was this book when I was first started playing... Read moreBy Kselz
The X-man uses all his super powers to pull this off. Read moreBy Thetennistipster
MOST POPULAR FROM SPORTS
- 24 DIY Plant Stand ideas to Fill Your Home With Greenery by Simplyfutb01
- Bluewater Panglao Beach Resort: A Luxurious Escape in Bohol by Adrenaline Romance
- West Brom, Watford safe. Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley relaxing, ‘Boro, Hull, Swansea sweating. Sunderland propping them up. by Colin Randall
- Return Strategies For Different Types Of Servers by Jen Campbell