I’m amazed by how many kids share their Wall with “Friends of Friends”. One 13-year-old girl had “Everyone” for her Wall but backed it down to “Friend of Friends” after I spoke to her mom (I recommended “Friends Only”).
I’m not her friend but I know:
- She was up the other day at 3:48 AM and posted this fact to Facebook.
- She’s not getting along with her parents.
- She has a boy “stalking” her.
- She recently changed her status from Married to Single. She's interested in men.
- She’s going to the school dance on Friday and getting a ride with Ian.
If you have questions about how to configure Facebook for your teen, take the "Facebook Tips for Parents" online class.