How Do You Remember Other People's Names?Posted on the 20 May 2011 by Classycareergirl @classycareer
Dale Carnegie said in his book How To Win Friends and Influence People, " Most people don't remember names, for the simple reason that they don't take the time and energy necessary to concentrate and repeat and fix names indelibly in their minds. They make excuses for themselves; they are too busy."
And how impressed are you when someone you barely met actually remembers your name? William Shakespeare once said: "There is no sound so sweet as the sound of one's own name." When you say another person's name in conversation, you make them feel important and special.
I believe that one of the steps to become a classy career girl is being able to remember other people's names when you meet them. That is why I want to hear from you. Leave a comment with an answer to the below question. I will share your answers on a new blog post next week.
How do you remember other people's names when you meet them for the first time?
Update - Read all of the excellent tips from readers here.
photo by slava
These articles might interest you :
Naming your startup or business is no easy task and one of the most important aspects for successful branding and marketing. You need to have a powerful,... Read moreBy Gerard
BUSINESS, CAREER, RANDOM
One of the best career books I’ve ever read is Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger’s Do What You Are. Paul Tieger is a coach and founder of The New England... Read moreBy Candacemoody
Yesterday I spoke to an Entrepreneur class at Kent State University about how I started my own business. It was a big class with 98 students. Read moreBy Chrisbrown
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING
Are you using a blog to improve the online visability on the internet? If so, you’re probably trying to figure out how to get more readers. Am I right? Here... Read moreBy Chrisbrown
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING, SOCIAL MEDIA, TECH
BUSINESS, LIFE COACH, LIFESTYLE
When you buy a home (or refinance), you want to get the best interest rate that you can. How do you know when to lock or if you are locked? Read moreBy Homesmsp
BUSINESS, REAL ESTATE
Coaching - the word that either leaves us with very positive or very negative feelings, due in part to the pseudo-psychological techniques that are sometimes... Read moreBy Combi31
BUSINESS, ECONOMICS, SOCIAL MEDIA, TECH
MOST POPULAR FROM BUSINESS
- Career Advice No One Tells You by Candacemoody
- .Pro Lost 30% Of Its Registrations Yesterday; 123,000 Domain Names as Last Years $3 Promotional Rate Domain Start to Expire by Worldwide
- Where do you see 3L.com prices going ? by Worldwide
- West Knoxville House Hunters: Whittington Creek Homes for Below $650,000 by Knoxvillehometeam
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BUSINESS
- 7 Free Tools To Help Amp Up Your Facebook Presence by Marketingtango
- Francis Fukuyama: Ukraine Should Rebuild the State Management System and Eliminate Corruption by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Social Entrepreneurs Seek Social Change vs Profits by Martin Zwilling
- Starhub - Dividend Investing Gone Wrong by Sgyounginvestment