So far, I've found two microwave recipes online, and one no-bake recipe. The no-bake recipe is for chocolate coconut cookies. One of the microwave recipes is for a "mug cake" that I honestly did not like... and the latest recipe I've found is for grain-free brownie bites by The Detoxinista.
I LOVE the grain-free brownie bites recipe. They hit the spot wonderfully! The original recipe has directions for the oven, but I was able to figure out how to cook it in the microwave.
After combining all of the ingredients together in a bowl, poor the batter into a microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, and let it sit in the microwave for another couple minutes before handling (it will be very hot!). Take out of the microwave and cool either on the counter or in the refrigerator for another ten minutes... and there you go!
- 1 cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used: Hershey Cocoa Powder)
- 1/2 cup honey (I used: Local honey from my mom's friend)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I used: Nutiva Coconut Oil)
- 3 eggs (I used: Eggland's Cage Free)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (I used: Simply Organic Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (I used: Bob's Red Mill, Aluminum Free Baking Soda)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (I used a Korean brand called Beksul Sea Salt)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (I used Diamond Shelled Walnuts)
Can't wait to try these out again~