German Impressions IVBy Europeanchic1
Enfin, photos from my trip to Berlin, one of the most the dynamic capital in Europe!
Above and the next two photos are from Rosenstrasse, the site of a major resistance of ordinary citizens against the jailing of their (Jewish) relatives in 1943. Afterwards, you see photos of Clärchens Ballhaus a eating and dancing venue which is over 100 years old and was a major hangout of German bohemians and artists such as Otto Dix and Alfred Döblin. The design hasn't changed at all and has a morbid charm. The last few photos are from Kreuzberg, a cool neighbourhood formerly located next to the wall.
All photos: European Chic
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Facebook's Expatriates in Peru by Naturegirl321
- Visit Amsterdam Light Festival 2014-2015 by Amsterdam City Tours
- The Nightly London Photoblog 21:11:14 Archway & The City by Lwblog
- Germany’s economy: The sputtering engine by Stizzard
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- David Walker's 'A Blank Canvas is a White Flag' in London by Hookedblog
- Buzzing through the Bayou with Pearl River Eco Tours by Theconstantrambler
- 風待ちの港，牛窓 / Ushimado, used to be a port town, to wait for a favourable wind by Minakoshoh
- Welcome Stranger by Awanderingphoto