German Impressions IVBy Europeanchic1
Enfin, photos from my trip to Berlin, one of the most the dynamic capital in Europe!
Above and the next two photos are from Rosenstrasse, the site of a major resistance of ordinary citizens against the jailing of their (Jewish) relatives in 1943. Afterwards, you see photos of Clärchens Ballhaus a eating and dancing venue which is over 100 years old and was a major hangout of German bohemians and artists such as Otto Dix and Alfred Döblin. The design hasn't changed at all and has a morbid charm. The last few photos are from Kreuzberg, a cool neighbourhood formerly located next to the wall.
All photos: European Chic
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Those September Days . . . by Josephharrison1990
- Camino Portraits: Pedro by Sneaky
- October 2014 - Andrea Mellon - DUK POND by Lancashirefood
- Cousins in My Town by Coreyamaro
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- 10 Most beautiful places to see ... Reviewed by Hactor
- A Dong Roast Chicken 阿東窯仔雞 Reviewed by Nike Pas Cher
- Wilbur’s Lincolnwood Toy Store in Brownsburg, ... Reviewed by Ina
- 深緑鮮やかな武家屋敷，横手市羽黒町 / Yokote, the samurai residences ... Reviewed by Hazel