German Impressions IVBy Europeanchic1
Enfin, photos from my trip to Berlin, one of the most the dynamic capital in Europe!
Above and the next two photos are from Rosenstrasse, the site of a major resistance of ordinary citizens against the jailing of their (Jewish) relatives in 1943. Afterwards, you see photos of Clärchens Ballhaus a eating and dancing venue which is over 100 years old and was a major hangout of German bohemians and artists such as Otto Dix and Alfred Döblin. The design hasn't changed at all and has a morbid charm. The last few photos are from Kreuzberg, a cool neighbourhood formerly located next to the wall.
All photos: European Chic
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- The Tate Digital Strategy: a Change that Starts from Within by Imponderabilia
- Video: Parc Rivière, Bordeaux's park with a difference by Invisiblebordeaux
- Developing/Developed World Cycling: The Ironies of the Road by Awanderingphoto
- Backpacking in El Salvador: Top 10 Sights in Santa Ana by Jsbdsl
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- 深緑鮮やかな武家屋敷，横手市羽黒町 / Yokote, the samurai residences ... Reviewed by Hazel
- A Time to Say Goodbye Reviewed by Alvin
- September 2014 Eye Need to Do’s: ... Reviewed by Rochelle
- French Antique Guessing Game: Takaans Paper ... Reviewed by Luca