London heritage route 9, via Wikimedia Commons
learn English language
So what are these quotes, by the way? I have collected 15 quotes, so far. I bet when you learn English at language school, you will be tackling some of these. Enjoy!
- Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
- A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you!
- A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
- A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.
- I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, “I’m going to mop the floor with your face.” I said, “You’ll be sorry.” He said, “Oh, yeah? Why?” I said, “Well, you won’t be able to get into the corners very well.”
- You are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship together and there was only one life jacket… I’d miss you heaps and think of you often.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.
- I discovered I scream the same way whether I’m about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
- Hospitality: making your guests feel like they’re at home, even if you wish they were.
- Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?