Friendship BraceletsBy Kathybarbro
This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Tag you're injured by Twotimesthefun
- 9 Home Remedies To Treat Gas in Babies and Toddlers by Sangeetha
- The bipolar uterus. Admittance is the first step. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Paddington Arrives in Theaters on January 16th: Watch the Movie Trailer & Download Activity Pages! #PaddingtonMovie by Parentingauthor
True Blood Mali The Box Office Academy Awards Valentine's Day Mardi Gras Michelle Rodriguez Father's Day Apps News Corp Turkey China Samsung Egypt Russia Hurricane Sandy Lady Gaga Barack Obama Christmas Halloween Harry Potter Climate Change Economy Mitt Romney European Union Apple Lance Armstrong Thanksgiving John Galliano X-Factor
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Frugal Tip: Bathtub Toy Storage by Catherine Mcdiarmid-Watt
- Frugal Pet Tip: No Sew Pet Bed by Catherine Mcdiarmid-Watt
- Thanks, Eve . Thanks for the periods. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- 9 Things Your Child Needs To Hear You Say by Sangeetha