Friendship BraceletsBy Kathybarbro
This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
The literary lives of twelve famous Victorians, told in the poetic form they knew so wellNobody knows for sure why limericks are named limericks. Read moreThe 16 February 2015 by Interesting Literature
That means I didn’t, relax Dad.Valentine’s Day, the one day of the year that commemorates the commercialization of love. That’s so cute. Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Brendan Dabhi
William Laurance, a distinguished research professor at James Cook University in Cairns, has received the most esteemed prize awarded by the renowned... Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Bradshaw
I am not a “fancy” person. While I like dressing up and attending formal events on occasion, I am a pretty regular gal. I rarely do fancy things for holidays,... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Forayintofood
FOOD & DRINK
Today marks the debut of the movie 50 Shades of Grey. it is based on the book of the same name. The book and movie (as well as its origination texts, the... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Elizabethprata
Photographer Peter Macdiarmid gathered modern photos from Europe and layered them on top of historic pictures of WWI, to give a sense of how much, or, in same... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Inspirion
ART & DESIGN, ENTERTAINMENT, TECH
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Shared Parental Leave by Smilinglikesunshine
- Mont Tremblant: Getting Around One of the World’s Most Beautiful Ski Villages by Upliftingfam
- Test post by Boxmash
- Sterling Silver #Cubic Earrings by Rachael
True Blood Academy Awards Halloween Samsung The Box Office Michelle Rodriguez Winter Sports Climate Change Lady Gaga Apple Rick Perry Mardi Gras Nuclear Energy Economy John Galliano Egypt Turkey Lance Armstrong DSK Harry Potter X-Factor Apps China Mitt Romney European Union North Korea Russia Barack Obama Valentine's Day Christmas
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Sometimes when you stand up for something you stand alone. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Exploring Sri Lanka by Behan Gifford
- Sri Lanka’s wild side by Behan Gifford
- Weaning From Breastfeeding at Night: 6 Effective Ways by Sangeetha