Friendship BraceletsBy Kathybarbro
This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U will have 8 player battles by Boxmash
- New Super Smash Bros. Wii U trailer gets punchy by Boxmash
- Chast's Graphic Novel: A Book Review by Thegenaboveme
- Inner thoughts. by Samantha Curtis
Barack Obama Thanksgiving Turkey News Corp Hurricane Sandy Apps Apple Lady Gaga Father's Day Harry Potter The Box Office Samsung Lance Armstrong Rick Perry Egypt Russia Mali X-Factor Mardi Gras China True Blood Economy North Korea Academy Awards Climate Change Michelle Rodriguez Christmas Mitt Romney John Galliano Halloween