This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
Today is a particularly auspicious date in Antarctic history. It was exactly 100 years ago to the day that Ernest Shackleton's ship, the Endurance, succumbed... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Kungfujedi
is the flavored and tender result of a curing process which lasts up to 35 days. We visited the Bistro4 Restaurant and met up with Chef João Espirito Santo, wh... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Nelsoncarvalheiro
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
Jody Kamali sat with some flowers yesterdayI have never had a good memory.A good visual memory, yes.But, for facts, no. A shit memory.This can cause problems an... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Thejohnfleming
Apo Island is a peaceful, postcard-perfect island paradise. It has a rustic town, uniquely formed sea cliffs, an expansive snorkeling area, white-sand shores,... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
[CN: bullying, sexual assault] I had a client recently who spent most of his childhood as a target of relentless bullying and physical violence at school. Now,... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
I’m doing it again. I’m planning a party that starts out with me as Holly Golightly, in a cocktail dress breezing through a room full of guests without a care i... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
You may have noticed I’m not blogging as much. Why? Its time to make money guys. As we all know buyers from China have been moving the domain name market for a... Read moreThe 27 October 2015 by Worldwide
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Learning to love your curls. by Samantha Curtis
- CHRISTMAS // Santa's Magical Kingdom 2015 by Lilmumma08
- 8 Ways to Spruce Up Your Home Before Company Comes Over by Upliftingfam
- Ethical Christmas Gift Ideas #1 by Moralfibres
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Is church pointless for Mothers with young children? by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Land cruising in Africa by Behan Gifford
- 30 Frugal Date Night Ideas #FeelTheLove #CG by Upliftingfam
- How to Sanitize Baby Toys? by Sangeetha