This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
Ibiza Republic is a brand that encompasses the best from the Mediterranean and turns it into genuine and casual designs. This brand gets inspiration from Ibiza’... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Opticalh
Nick Revell – could this man ever become a UK politician?Comedian Nick Revell is working on his next hour-long show. We had tea together in Soho.“What is the ne... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
It’s hard enough trying to raise a child between two households. When you bring finances into the picture, things can really get messy. Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Peppertan
During the first couple of weeks of July 2015, I was a guest of Wine Tourism in Portugal in the Douro Valley. My mission was to explore the most beautiful wine... Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Nelsoncarvalheiro
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
RocketClub is a platform allowing startup companies to distribute shares to their users. Founded by two serial entrepreneurs and MIT alums, the platform aligns... Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Herby
I just had a couple of thoughts on Chromebooks that I wanted to share. There has been a growing interest in Chromebooks over the past year or so. Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Betchaboy
The organizers of the DomainX 2015 domain conference will be held August 7-8 at the Taj West End in Bangalore, India told Thedomains.com that they have over... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Worldwide
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- A look back at August by Samantha Curtis
- I Prefer Giving my Kid Quail Eggs Over Chicken Eggs – 4 Reasons Why by Sangeetha
- Little Big Company The Blog: Mini Cooper themed Party by Littlebigcompany1
- Our Slow August by Moralfibres
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- 11 Easy Ways to Get Your Child to Eat More Vegetables #vegetablespiralizer by Upliftingfam
- Clearing into Comoros by Behan Gifford
- Tips to Help Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant with Irregular Periods #tryingtoconceive by Upliftingfam
- 15 Quick Rice Recipes for Babies, Toddlers and Kids by Sangeetha
ON THE FAMILY FORUM
- Jolly Goods Reviewed by Nelsonsemy