This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
There are now 3 more arrests connected to the Marathon Day bombing. The younger brother, Dzhokhor Tsarnaev, currently in custody was a student at U of Mass... Read moreBy Joanigeltman
The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. – 1 Samuel 18:1 Hello, dear friends!I am excited to announce that I’... Read moreBy Irene9583
See? All this talk about giving each other fat lips has hurt her feelings. Happy now? You want maybe I should throw some Gangsta Rap beats down on yo’ head?... Read moreBy Danthatscool
ENTERTAINMENT, HUMOR, TV & VIDEO
Two are better than one,Because they have a good reward for their labor.For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.But woe to him who is alone when he... Read moreBy Irene9583
CREATIVITY, SELF EXPRESSION
The best mix: Friends, movies and pop corn! I think this is one of those cases in which a picture tells more than 1,000 words. Cheers to the good times with... Read moreBy Travelingbook
i have been thinking a lot this week. This is a picture of me thinking.As you know, thinking is quite hard work.Anyway, I was thinking why people are friends... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. – Ephesians 2:13 Good morning / evening, dear friends! Read moreBy Irene9583
CREATIVITY, SELF EXPRESSION
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Friday finds by Samantha Curtis
- The Song of Lunch: Film Review by Thegenaboveme
- Creative Approach to Reading by Maliasa
- Worried About Your Child’s Gadget addiction? Watch This Video To Know The Solution ! by Akhil Soni