This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
If you really consider the definition of fast food, food that can be prepared quickly, and can be a quick meal, fruit absolutely falls under that category. Read moreThe 14 July 2015 by Glasgow Skinner/ My Life On And Off The Guest List
How much time do you spend getting ready for work? I remember watching my mother get ready for work in the mornings as a little girl. Read moreThe 13 July 2015 by Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Have a look at the video - shows the boundless joy wishes bring. There are times when our creative side itches to do something extra-ordinary. Read moreThe 14 July 2015 by Sarusinghal
What I love about Minho, tells you the story about the wonders of this ever-green region in the North of Portugal. It is the home of green wine, bacalhau (salt... Read moreThe 14 July 2015 by Nelsoncarvalheiro
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
It all started when I watched It Follows this week...I am a sucker for a 'curse' film, where the likeable protagonist accidentally gets the attention of a grump... Read moreThe 14 July 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
Taste Cocktails are giving away one of their new Summer cocktail kits which contains everything you need to make the perfect Margarita at home. The... Read moreThe 13 July 2015 by Evette Garside
StrategicObjectives.com, published The Ultimate List of Social CEO’s on Twitter @SO_pr and my partner in RightoftheDot.com made the very impressive list of 400. Read moreThe 13 July 2015 by Worldwide
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Crystal Zelfs by Evette Garside
- Virtual Book Tour: Dr. Stephen Geller by Sandwichedboomers
- 17 Action-Packed, Fun-Filled Road Trip Movies for Families by Designerdaddy
- "My favourite instagram party find feature" : party by Petite Desserts with help of Strawberries & Co by Littlebigcompany1
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Cruising Praslin Island, Seychelles by Behan Gifford
- Dear Momma with that ache for the newborn scent… by Rachel Rachelhagg
- The best apps for cruising- part II by Behan Gifford
- 11 Ways to Prevent and Treat Eczema Flare-Ups #WaterWipes #IC #AD by Upliftingfam