Friendship BraceletsPosted on the 04 November 2012 by Kathybarbro
This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
Sunday, the weather was AMAZING. Well, okay it started off cold and rainy, but then the sun came out tomorrow. My friend Ben had suggested kayaking on the... Read moreThe 14 May 2013 by Tamarsb
FAMILY, SCHOOLING, SELF EXPRESSION
Recently Defne (6 yo) has been reading the Elephant and Piggie series by Mo Williems. These are great books for early readers as each story contains a lovely... Read moreThe 06 May 2013 by Smilinglikesunshine
FAMILY, PARENTING, SCHOOLING
I was asked to make my readers aware of the following grants program for schools. Read moreThe 30 April 2013 by Jean Campbell
COMMUNITY, FAMILY, SCHOOLING
With summer not far off, most of us think about serving more quick and easy suppers. Many of us choose to serve more ready to eat foods. The following article,... Read moreThe 20 May 2013 by Jean Campbell
COMMUNITY, FAMILY, FOOD & DRINK, HEALTH, SCHOOLING
Today we are joining in with 24 other bloggers to share fun spring learning and play ideas. With the arrival of spring, we spend more time outdoors in the garde... Read moreThe 14 May 2013 by Smilinglikesunshine
FAMILY, PARENTING, SCHOOLING
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Get a Visa Prepaid Card with Your Purchase During the Cooper Tires Spring Savings Event! #springsavings by Parentingauthor
- theneverwas: themasterslover: Matt & David (x) i want to... by Kmitrix
- Children’s book sketches by Lightandshadowsmith
- 10 Budget-Friendly, Healthy Grocery Shopping Tips by Thepickyeater
Thanksgiving European Union True Blood Lady Gaga Norway Terror Attacks Samsung Mitt Romney Lance Armstrong Conflict in Syria Rick Perry Harry Potter John Galliano Hurricane Sandy Nuclear Energy Economy Apps Academy Awards North Korea Amanda Knox News Corp Barack Obama Christmas Climate Change Mali X-Factor Apple China The Papacy Russia Egypt