Friendship BraceletsBy Kathybarbro
This project was a hit not only with girls but with boys as well. I think they are just “surfer” looking enough to work for both. 1. These bracelets are made with 6 colors, one for each letter in the word F-R-I-E-N-D. I cut about a yard of each color and taped them to the back of a piece of 8.5" x 11" chip board. I then taped the top down with the yarn lying smooth and placed a clip at the bottom. Keeping the yarn snug and in place while working produces more consistent knots.
2. The process of making the bracelet is releasing one yarn at a time from the clip, wrapping a double knot around each successive yarn, and then securing it to the board again with the clip. Here are some good instructions with 4-lines, but the process is the same. I've found after working with many 20+ classrooms that some students will learn the steps by seeing a large example done on a board, some may be able to work from a printout, and some will just need to see the steps one-on-one. Whatever the case, it just takes patience to get through the initial “I need help” phase.
3. When the bracelet is about 6" long, students tie a large knot at both ends, and then tie them together. This project takes a bit of prep time, but every year I am so happy I did it because of all the students that proudly wear their bracelets all around school.
These articles might interest you :
This week I am delighted to report I had a dream come true. I became Julia Margaret Cameron. For a day. Well, sort of. On Friday I did a wet collodion process... Read moreThe 11 April 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
Joyful in Singleness part 1Joyful in Singleness part 2Are you one of a partly hidden minority in the body of Christ who has felt led by the Lord to remain singl... Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Elizabethprata
It is a speedy procedure to build a WordPress website/blog on a localhost. When you complete the development process, you would then surely try to move host... Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Gaurav Tiwari
The other night I had the pleasure of dining with the former Australian Democrats leader and senator, Dr John Coulter, at the home of Dr Paul Willis (Director o... Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Bradshaw
Many people think that we, just like all travelers and adventurers, are a rugged bunch of folks who are completely happy with camp food or budget meals. Read moreThe 14 April 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
Recap from last night's win over the Brewers in Milwaukee. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...itmlb_milmlb_1 "MILWAUKEE -- The ranks of the Major League's... Read moreThe 11 April 2015 by Kipper
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Unleash Your Inner BadAss by Peppertan
- Curd Rice Recipe for Babies and Toddlers by Sangeetha
- Village vibe in the Maldives by Behan Gifford
- Mercury Is In Retrograde And I'm Forgetting Stuff by Guerrillamom
Turkey Economy China Rick Perry Egypt Lance Armstrong Apple Costa Concordia Disaster North Korea Halloween Russia Nuclear Energy X-Factor The Box Office Apps Michelle Rodriguez True Blood Katie Taylor Valentine's Day Climate Change Harry Potter Mardi Gras Christmas Mitt Romney Academy Awards Lady Gaga Samsung Wikileaks Amanda Knox Barack Obama
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Recipe | Nutella Stuffed Cookies by Ourbabyblog
- DMK Releases First Original Song, ‘Pale Blue Dot’ by Designerdaddy
- New Clothing Line Tackles Gender Stereotypes One Adorable T-Shirt at a Time by Designerdaddy
- How to Grill Out Safely Using a Precision Pro Digital Food Thermometer #EatSmart by Upliftingfam
ON THE FAMILY FORUM
- New Angry Birds Game (Agri Birds) ... Reviewed by Ernesto