However, after I started seeing these "Fish Egg Friday" posts going up around the nail blogs, I wanted to join in. I support my fellow bloggers and it's irritating to see companies attack them for ridiculous purposes. (Not to mention, it's kind of just plain stupid on their part if they understand the blogging community at all.)
Basically, Ciate has been sending C&D letters to bloggers who have been using the term "Caviar Nails" or "Caviar Manicure" with the explanation that they are IN THE PROCESS of trademarking it. Not only is this silly because they do not yet HAVE the trademark, but there is also another issue: someone else had done it first! THIS blog post on the idea was posted over a year ago! The full story of the letters sent to one blogger can be read here.
Fish Egg Manicure
So here are the Kaviar/Fish Egg/whatever you want to call it as long as it's not "Caviar Nails" or Caviar Manicure!" This look can be done for a FRACTION of the price of Ciate's (the Ciate Caviar Manicure retails for $25!). I got a set of microbeads from Michael's scrap booking section for about $7 for 6 "tubes" (that will last for MANY manicures). You don't need any special polish either. I found that using a coat of Gelous OR Seche Vite both worked to stick the beads on, though with SV you have to work really quickly or the beads won't stick.
So join me and the other bloggers in boycotting Ciate and their overpriced "fish egg" manicure. To quote Cris from Let Them Have Polish...
"Ciate can kiss my microballs!"
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- Four ways a silk pillowcase makes you more beautiful! by Beautyinfozone
- Scoll Express Velvet Smooth Pedi Revisited, Reviewed & Offer!!! by Jhilmil D Saha
- Extremely Chatty MOTD | Bon Parisien by Bonparisien
- FFS Friday - Highway robbery by Glossqueen
Russia North Korea True Blood China Halloween Academy Awards Wikileaks Apps Kathy Long Climate Change Rick Perry Apple Egypt Christmas Lady Gaga Samsung Harry Potter Michelle Rodriguez The Box Office European Union Justin Bieber Economy Turkey Mitt Romney Nuclear Energy Father's Day Thanksgiving Lance Armstrong U.S. Debt Ceiling Mardi Gras
COMMUNITY HAIR & BEAUTY
ON THE HAIR & BEAUTY FORUM
- Guest Post: Fiona's Mac Look. Reviewed by 室内用折式エバーマット
- Elovera IMF Intense Moisturizing Formula Cream ... Reviewed by Nigar Tonny
- emerginC scientific organics ‘at home facial ... Reviewed by Fitflop塑身鞋
- SNP Animal Sheet Mask Review Reviewed by Jason