Fish Egg Friday (aka. Banding Together Against Ciate)By Goosesglitter
However, after I started seeing these "Fish Egg Friday" posts going up around the nail blogs, I wanted to join in. I support my fellow bloggers and it's irritating to see companies attack them for ridiculous purposes. (Not to mention, it's kind of just plain stupid on their part if they understand the blogging community at all.)
Basically, Ciate has been sending C&D letters to bloggers who have been using the term "Caviar Nails" or "Caviar Manicure" with the explanation that they are IN THE PROCESS of trademarking it. Not only is this silly because they do not yet HAVE the trademark, but there is also another issue: someone else had done it first! THIS blog post on the idea was posted over a year ago! The full story of the letters sent to one blogger can be read here.
Fish Egg Manicure
So here are the Kaviar/Fish Egg/whatever you want to call it as long as it's not "Caviar Nails" or Caviar Manicure!" This look can be done for a FRACTION of the price of Ciate's (the Ciate Caviar Manicure retails for $25!). I got a set of microbeads from Michael's scrap booking section for about $7 for 6 "tubes" (that will last for MANY manicures). You don't need any special polish either. I found that using a coat of Gelous OR Seche Vite both worked to stick the beads on, though with SV you have to work really quickly or the beads won't stick.
So join me and the other bloggers in boycotting Ciate and their overpriced "fish egg" manicure. To quote Cris from Let Them Have Polish...
"Ciate can kiss my microballs!"
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- Beauty Review | Definitions Skincare Deep Cleansing Scrub Refiner by Chantel
- Schwarzkopf BonaCure Repair Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner Review, Swatch by Poonam Jain
- Asian Paints India Design ID 2015 - A Definitive Design Week of Home Decor and Home Aesthetics For Our Sweet Homes by Shoppingaholic
- How to Lose Weight in 7 Days with GM Diet Plan by Stylishwalks
The Olympics Russia China Lance Armstrong Egypt True Blood Barack Obama Mitt Romney Samsung Economy Thanksgiving The Box Office North Korea Michelle Rodriguez Halloween Climate Change John Galliano Academy Awards Nuclear Energy Apps Lady Gaga Mali World Cup 2014 Rick Perry European Union Valentine's Day Apple Christmas Turkey Harry Potter
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HAIR & BEAUTY
- Adding Honey to Handmade Soap (and Recipe) by Kelly
- Camelia's Natural Handmade Face & Body Cocoats Mask Review by Jhilmil D Saha
- Fuschia Garden Lavender Day Cream with SPF15 by Jhilmil D Saha
- Republic day Makeup Tips – How to wear Tri -Color with a Twist by Poonam Jain
COMMUNITY HAIR & BEAUTY
ON THE HAIR & BEAUTY FORUM
- One-stop Destination for Best Coupons & ... Reviewed by Leticia Husk
- REVIEW/SHOP Enlivening curls with Goldwell Kerasilk ... Reviewed by Jessy Bill
- Sattvik Anti Marks Serum for Spotless ... Reviewed by Amitha
- SIGMA Eye Makeup Brush: E 45 ... Reviewed by The Pout Painters