However, after I started seeing these "Fish Egg Friday" posts going up around the nail blogs, I wanted to join in. I support my fellow bloggers and it's irritating to see companies attack them for ridiculous purposes. (Not to mention, it's kind of just plain stupid on their part if they understand the blogging community at all.)
Basically, Ciate has been sending C&D letters to bloggers who have been using the term "Caviar Nails" or "Caviar Manicure" with the explanation that they are IN THE PROCESS of trademarking it. Not only is this silly because they do not yet HAVE the trademark, but there is also another issue: someone else had done it first! THIS blog post on the idea was posted over a year ago! The full story of the letters sent to one blogger can be read here.
Fish Egg Manicure
So here are the Kaviar/Fish Egg/whatever you want to call it as long as it's not "Caviar Nails" or Caviar Manicure!" This look can be done for a FRACTION of the price of Ciate's (the Ciate Caviar Manicure retails for $25!). I got a set of microbeads from Michael's scrap booking section for about $7 for 6 "tubes" (that will last for MANY manicures). You don't need any special polish either. I found that using a coat of Gelous OR Seche Vite both worked to stick the beads on, though with SV you have to work really quickly or the beads won't stick.
So join me and the other bloggers in boycotting Ciate and their overpriced "fish egg" manicure. To quote Cris from Let Them Have Polish...
"Ciate can kiss my microballs!"
These articles might interest you :
Will Franken (right) pays back Lewis Schaffer 60p in LondonIt is Christmas Day.Bah! Humbug!So here are British-based American comics Will Franken and Lewis... Read moreBy Thejohnfleming
There's only one place I recommend to travelers looking for the absolute ultimate in luxury during their stay on Roatan, and that's Barefoot Cay Resort. A... Read moreBy Cubiclethrowdown
Android 6.0 Marshmallow is already running on most of Google’s Nexus devices along with other mobile devices that have been manufactured by other companies. It... Read moreBy Dailyfusion
CURRENT, ENVIRONMENT, SOCIETY
Contrary to popular current sentiment, from those who condescend about "religion" and "the church" and its "hypocrites," and claim to be able to "do God" on... Read moreBy Elizabethprata
Have you ever observed something in progress? While evidence of man-made progress is generally observable, Mother Nature takes a rather slow, gradual, and... Read moreBy Adrenaline Romance
Have no fear, because in between seeing Star Wars and setting up Grinch traps, our staff this holiday week has not forsaken the vast frozen tundra of the world... Read moreBy Christopher De Voss
What the hell is this woman talking about? What do you mean, don't tell my kid that he/she isn't smart? If I don't say that, they will think I think that... Read more1 hour, 29 minutes ago by Joanigeltman
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- Nutrition | Healthy toddler lunches #2! by Livedwithlove
- Review: Innisfree Serum CC Cream Cover by Beautifulbuns
- Fab Bag Febuary 2016 Review: The Love & Makeup by Jayshreebhagat
- My MAC lipstick collection by Glossqueen
Christmas Marathons Economy Turkey Russia Michelle Rodriguez North Korea Google Mali The Box Office Harry Potter Charlie Sheen Katie Taylor Norway Terror Attacks Samsung Thanksgiving Apps Alicia Ashley Apple UK Riots Costa Concordia Disaster Egypt Laila Ali Holly Holm Climate Change Lady Gaga Halloween China Wikileaks Valentine's Day
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HAIR & BEAUTY
- What you want for Valentine’s Day: Mix*o*logie Blendable Perfume Collection by Beautyinfozone
- Je'Taun M. Taylor Maybellne's first African American Face. Celebrating Black History Month, a tribute to a beautiful Lady, who should never be forgotten by Sharriewilliams
- Laneige Water Bank Essence Skincare Range Review |Korean skincare by Sugandha Choudhary
- Plum Wild Cherries & kiwi Juiced up shower gel & luscious body lotion Review by Natasha Bhatt
COMMUNITY HAIR & BEAUTY
ON THE HAIR & BEAUTY FORUM
- Post-Pregnancy Skin Care: How to get ... Reviewed by Cortney Lithgow
- Upcoming Collections:Makeup Collections: MAC COSMETICS: MAC ... Reviewed by Stephen Tarenorerer
- 10 Best Makeup Products 2015 Reviewed by Adele Mcsharry
- Boroplus Advanced Moisturising Lotion With Badam ... Reviewed by Ernestine Lowman