First StopPosted on the 28 January 2011 by Happygrc
Art directors, designers, creative directors, copywriters, print buyers--pretty much anyone in the creative department is inundated on a daily basis by paper promo mailers from photographers, illustrators and their reps. In the age of digital, it's a pretty antiquated way to reach people. Furthermore, all those trees could probably be put to much better use. CO2 reduction, for one. It's not that we don't love the samples we get--some of them are from the most talented artists in the business. It's just that we don't physically have place to store it all in our offices.
With that in mind, I've been helping a group of guys on a project that aims to chip away at this colossal waste of paper and money. We've created a site called first-stop.org that we hope will 1) be a good tool for creatives to search for photographers and illustrators--a kind of central directory, and 2) at least make photographers and their reps think twice about sending out paper mailers.
If you have time, please check it out. Send us feedback on the site and its functionality. What would be helpful to you? Feel free to sign up and submit work if you're an artist. It's completely free. And please spread the word. Thanks.
These articles might interest you :
Wow, so much to talk about today. I’m going to skip quickly over poor Dominique Strauss-Kahn who is now, fairly obviously, the victim of a conspiracy to frame... Read moreBy Phil's Stock World
When I learned that Christina Stead's The Man Who Loved Children was being reissued next month to mark the novel's seventieth birthday in October this year I... Read moreBy Jaac
Two preschool girls were writing on a chalkboard. Both decided it was time to use the eraser. They each picked up an end of the same eraser, started pulling... Read moreBy Slattenk
Crystal Palace 0 Tottenham Hotspur 2 (Pearce, Chivers) Saturday 23rd August 1969 Selhurst Park Football League Division One Attendance: 39,494First, a... Read moreBy Stuartnoel
The chicken or the egg? Created by British designer Kyle Bean. (via Everlasting Blort)The Read moreBy Gerard
East Fife v Dumbarton Scottish League Division Bayview Park 8th October 1994 Saturday the 8th October 1994. That was a day that changed my life. Read moreBy Stuartnoel
Our friends Stop Drop Roll are playing host to some of our favourite DJs - including Dark Sky and Cntrst SDUK who've all graced the decks at various Pelski... Read moreBy Pelski
MOST POPULAR FROM BUSINESS
- .Pro Lost 30% Of Its Registrations Yesterday; 123,000 Domain Names as Last Years $3 Promotional Rate Domain Start to Expire by Worldwide
- West Knoxville House Hunters: Whittington Creek Homes for Below $650,000 by Knoxvillehometeam
- 6 Guidelines of Basic Optimization for Your Website: SEO Expert by Kharim Tomlinson
- Why Good Marketing Campaign Costs Continue To Rise by Martin Zwilling
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BUSINESS
- Free Internet Marketing Method by Towardyoursuccess
- 7 Free Tools To Help Amp Up Your Facebook Presence by Marketingtango
- Francis Fukuyama: Ukraine Should Rebuild the State Management System and Eliminate Corruption by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Social Entrepreneurs Seek Social Change vs Profits by Martin Zwilling