Inc Magazine recently published an update about Facebook. This includes that Facebook is expected to go public later this year with an estimated valuation of $50 billion.
With 610 million members, it’s hard to even image the huge marketing impact of this giant!
Each month, the average user creates 90 pieces of content and spends 6 hours, 2 minutes ,and 59 seconds on the site.
Read the rest of the current Facebook numbers here at the Inc Magazine page.
What does this Mean to Your Marketing?
- Are your customers on Facebook? (How could they not be?)
- Do you use Facebook to push out content on your company Facebook page?
- Is your branding consistent on your Facebook page, your website, your blog and your enews?
- How is your business taking advantage of this?
Common Facebook Mistakes I See:
- You are using a personal profile for your company page. Time to fix it. Create the page so people can LIKE your company or product instead of FRIEND your company or product.
- You haven’t updated your company page since you created it. Now’s the time. Put together a schedule that matches your goals for your Facebook effort.
- You update your Facebook page constantly, causing your fans to UNLIKE you. There needs to be a happy medium. How much is too much?
What marketing mistakes do you see on Facebook?
Send me the links to Facebook Fan pages that you feel are great examples of how to use Facebook to market your business.
I look forward to reading your comments!