Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates and posts in your news feed from the same few people lately? Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, only the same circle of people are commenting and you are not hearing from any others on your friends list that perhaps you were used to?
The problem is that a large portion of people on your Friends list can no longer see anything you post! Here's why: The "New Facebook" installed a new news feed setting that by default is automatically set to show posts from ONLY those people with whom you've recently interacted, or interacted the most over the couple of weeks just prior to when people started switching to the "new profile" format.
Therefore, for both business and personal pages, unless you and your friends/fans commented on one another's posts within those couple of weeks, you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you! Here's the fix:
• On your "News Feed" home page, click the "Most Recent" title on the right of the News Feed, then click on the drop down arrow beside it to show the drop-down menu and select "Edit Options."
• Click on "Show Posts From" and change the setting to "All Of Your Friends and Pages."
• Another way to do it is to access the "Edit Options" link at the very bottom of the Facebook homepage on the right. (Note: Business pages do not have a news feed. Owners of business pages should adjust the settings on their personal accounts.)
The good news is: You can now view the posts and updates of all of your friends and fans again. The bad news is: YOU ARE STILL INVISIBLE to a large portion of your friends on your friends list. If you want to re-establish contact, you will need to get the word out to ALL of your friends. You can help your friends by sharing these changes so that they can also apply these to their accounts.
PLUS: Is the party (about to be) over?
Report: Facebook user growth slowing--As Facebook approaches another subscriber milestone, its growth seems to be slowing.
The social-networking giant had 687 million users at the start of the month, according to data from Inside Facebook Gold. However, the data shows that Facebook's growth rate has declined for the second straight month.
Until two months ago, the typical growth rate for the previous year was at least 20 million new users, but Facebook logged 13.9 million new users in April and 11.8 million in May, according to Inside Facebook's data. While much of the company's growth comes from late-to-the-party countries, early adopting countries such as the U.S. and Canada posted significant user losses during May, according to Inside Facebook data. The U.S. lost nearly 6 million subscribers to end the month with 149.4 million users, and Canada lost 1.52 million users to finish with 16.6 million. (More here.)
These articles might interest you :
Veroniek Gielkens is featured in a very special Spring Summer 2017 Haute Couture story for the May Issue of Harper's BAZAAR en Espanol Photographed by Benjamin... Read more11 hours, 30 minutes ago by Benjaminkanarek
CULTURE, FASHION, LIFESTYLE
If you’re a parent or someone who feels a calling to help children, it’s essential to foster a love of learning in the children in your life. Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Peppertan
A tendency has arisen and seems to be increasing these days among some Christians, Catholics included, in the United States to regard human persons as evil in... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Apostolate Of The Divine Heart
Juillard Opera mounts Kat'a Kabanova. by Paul J. Pelkonen Bad romance: Boris (Gerard Schneider, left) woos the heroine (Felicia Moore) in Juilliard's... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Superconductor
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
City of Deer Park (TX) is accepting apps for PARAMEDIC Until: Continuous recruitment. Salary $23.00 hourly. For details about thousands of other fire... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Firecareers
This week marks National Stationery Week and I thought I would honour the week with something I have truly been loving - my Bullet Journal. I have always loved... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Mummyb
The Town of Buxton (ME) is accepting apps for FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC Until: May 5, 2017. For details about thousands of other fire departments looking to... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Firecareers
MOST POPULAR FROM TECH
- Sedo weekly sales led by NativeMedia.com by Worldwide
- Future Smartphones Are Poised To Transform Global Mobile Ecosystem by Jyoti Arora
- Upcoming Latest Smartphones in India 2017 by Dreamtechie
- ‘Evoke’ over-ear premium wireless Bluetooth headphone launched by MuveAcoustics by Dreamtechie
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TECH
- Walden Savings moves from .com to .bank by Worldwide
- Download AVG Antivirus – The Best App Of 2017 by Savita Singh
- What do you got for $1,000 ? by Worldwide
- 6 Valuable Ways You Will Benefit Using Twitter Now by Lisa