Eternal Flame FallsBy Gerard
At the base of a waterfall deep in the forests of the state of New York a flame burns. A small grotto between the layers of shale protects this fire. Although the name suggest otherwise, the flame isn't eternal. This is a natural phenomenon but the flame occasionally needs a helping hand.
The area around the Eternal Flame Falls does have a different aroma to the surrounding forest. It is natural gas seeping from the layers of shale. Most dissipates in to the air but some of the gas, enclosed by the grotto, is concentrated enough to burn.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM HUMOR
- And here’s that time I was stalked by Santa by Christopher De Voss
- The Interview, Sony, North Korean Hackers, and American Film Comedy by Humorinamerica
- Top 10 Character Themed Christmas Trees by Russell Deasley
- Australian Toilets Bamboozled Me – By Bob On The Pot by Gingerfightback
John Galliano Thanksgiving True Blood Lance Armstrong Nuclear Energy Russia China Economy News Corp Rupert Murdoch Egypt European Union Halloween World Cup 2014 Lady Gaga The Box Office Climate Change Michelle Rodriguez X-Factor Christmas Valentine's Day Harry Potter Apps Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama Samsung Academy Awards North Korea Apple Turkey
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HUMOR
- I’m So Vein by Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
- A Short Conversation with my Dog about Vacation by Kidfreeliving
- The Saturday Six: Christmas Sweaters by Christopher De Voss
- Boulder Twinkle – A Photo Essay by Susie Lindau