Eternal Flame FallsBy Gerard
At the base of a waterfall deep in the forests of the state of New York a flame burns. A small grotto between the layers of shale protects this fire. Although the name suggest otherwise, the flame isn't eternal. This is a natural phenomenon but the flame occasionally needs a helping hand.
The area around the Eternal Flame Falls does have a different aroma to the surrounding forest. It is natural gas seeping from the layers of shale. Most dissipates in to the air but some of the gas, enclosed by the grotto, is concentrated enough to burn.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM HUMOR
- Top 10 Pictures of Cats Swimming by Russell Deasley
- Russian Kid Is A Human Magnet… Here Are 3 Potential Drawbacks. by Nottheworstnews
- The Saturday Six: Playing With Your Food by Christopher De Voss
- Rock Your Food with the Guy Fieri Restaurant Menu Generator by Generatorland
Thanksgiving Hurricane Sandy Apple Mali Egypt Lance Armstrong Halloween Turkey News Corp China Barack Obama Michelle Rodriguez Lady Gaga Christmas Apps Mardi Gras True Blood Samsung X-Factor Russia The Box Office John Galliano Economy Valentine's Day European Union North Korea Academy Awards Climate Change Harry Potter Father's Day
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HUMOR
- What Do You Mean You Don’t Eat That? by Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
- Kurt Vonnegut is Taken Seriously, and You Won’t Believe What Happens Next! by Humorinamerica
- Thanksgiving with Bob Hope, Lady Gaga and Tennessee Ernie Ford by Humorinamerica
- A RECAP OF THE 2014 HOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS IN CASE YOU MISSED IT by Christopher De Voss