It's no secret that the circus is calling, calling, calling... ever if you've never been tempted to run off and join a troupe of hire-wire acrobats or put on a scary clown's costume for a laugh, there is something alluring about the very word 'circus'. It remains one of the most popular party themes of all times, and rightly so; colour, movement, magic and mayhem, are themselves the very essence of youth and joyful imagination.
While designing some circus party decorations for my upcoming themed party planning ebook, I stumbled across a pretty nifty garland, which I of course had to super-simplify even further. So, feel free to use your sewing machine to sew six pretty paper discs together and then sew them onto a string, or...
Make a cupcake liner pom-pom garland:
1. Purchase coloured cupcake liners in the colours you desire.
2. Select 6 to 8 per pom-pom (they can be the same color or you can choose 4 of each shade and alternate them for a 'beach ball' effect.)
3. Fold each of the cupcake liners in half (so that the color is inside).
4. Glue them on top of each other, so that you have a stack (remember to alternate the colours if desired).
5. Leave overnight to dry under a book or other heavy, flat object.
6. The next day cut short lengths of fishing wire and fix them to the top of the door frame. (You can adjust this decoration to make a sideways garland, you will however, require alot more pom-poms, and the effect will look less like thrown balls hovering in the air and more like bunting in a used-car yard.)
7. Using double sided tape, wrap each pom pom around the wire and close it on itself and the wire.
By adjusting the colours to suit your party theme, you could make this look turn into summer-party beach balls, planets in outer space, clouds for a baby shower, pastel bubbles for a mermaids party, and on and on... just use your imagination and as much time and energy as you have; the more you make, the more impressive the display will be. As always however, be kind to yourself, and remember that having a go and getting something up for a party decoration is more important than achieving any form of perfection!
Don't forget there's a set of printpapers ready to go for a Super Circus party and the ebook is not far from completion!