Dune De Pyla - A New 'Sahara' Desert Being Born In FranceBy Gerard
It looks like Europe has started turning into a new sahara desert. The Great Dune of Pyla is the tallest sand dune in Europe. It is located in the Arcachon Bay area in France.
The dune has a volume of about 60,000,000 m³, measuring around 1,640 ft (500 m) wide from east to west and 1,9 miles (3 km) in length from north to south. The dune moves relentlessly towards the interior of the country and gradually covers buildings and roads.
(thanks Stanley)The Presurfer
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Tusk praised for ‘short, concise’ EU summit by Stizzard
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok: All About Well-Being by Thelostboylloyd
- 8 Types of Dorm Mate You Might Meet by Hendra
- What Do London Walks Guides Want For Christmas? No.2. David Would Like… by Lwblog
China Rupert Murdoch Apple Hurricane Sandy Valentine's Day John Galliano Samsung Egypt Lance Armstrong European Union Harry Potter X-Factor News Corp The Box Office Halloween Apps World Cup 2014 Economy Climate Change Nuclear Energy Barack Obama Thanksgiving Michelle Rodriguez Mali Christmas North Korea Turkey Russia True Blood Lady Gaga
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- 郷愁漂う駅舎，上信電鉄下仁田駅 / a nostalgic station, Shimonita – Station by Minakoshoh
- Accommodation Review: Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire, Scotland by Emma
- Paying-It-Forward by Awanderingphoto
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa – Romance Done Right by Theconstantrambler