Dune De Pyla - A New 'Sahara' Desert Being Born In FranceBy Gerard
It looks like Europe has started turning into a new sahara desert. The Great Dune of Pyla is the tallest sand dune in Europe. It is located in the Arcachon Bay area in France.
The dune has a volume of about 60,000,000 m³, measuring around 1,640 ft (500 m) wide from east to west and 1,9 miles (3 km) in length from north to south. The dune moves relentlessly towards the interior of the country and gradually covers buildings and roads.
(thanks Stanley)The Presurfer
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Le Sauvage in the 8th: A funny meal in the wrong place. by Johntalbott
- 薄暮のホイアン / Hoi An, in the twilight by Minakoshoh
- Erawan Tea Room: Thai-Inspired Afternoon Tea in Bangkok by Thelostboylloyd
- Best Places in Europe for Foodies by Twothirstytravellers
Samsung Economy John Galliano Christmas True Blood Lady Gaga Climate Change Mali Michelle Rodriguez China Turkey The Olympics Academy Awards Lance Armstrong Halloween Nuclear Energy Harry Potter Egypt North Korea Rupert Murdoch Russia Thanksgiving Apps European Union The Box Office Barack Obama Mitt Romney Apple Rick Perry Valentine's Day
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- What Life is Really Like in A Sri Lankan Village by Expatgermany
- Les Crocs des Halles in the 1st: Greet, meat and neat. by Johntalbott
- The Cyclists Bakery: A Slice of Heaven in Tierra Del Fuego by Awanderingphoto
- Dallas Dweller: Lisa Singleton by Ohsocynthia