As you know, I'm a fan of all things dark and gothic - I mean, I think I'll only ever stop wearing black when they can make a darker colour - and when I think of these things I automatically think Alexander McQueen. Now, from time to time I like to imagine that I have a bank account with an endless sum of money and can buy whatever I like, so recently I felt the need to have one of these imaginary shopping trips over on the McQueen website. As you do.
1. Exaggerated Collar Leather Biker Jacket 2. Black Skull Charm Boots - (Ankle boot lengthavailable here) 3. Suede Sequin Skull Slippers 4. Gold Honeycomb Jacquard Jacket 5. Oversize Wayfarer Sunglasses 6. Gunmetal Aviator Sunglasses 7. Blush Medium Heroine 8. Black Skull Top Handle Bag 9. Dragonfly cap sleeve pencil dress
As soon as I saw those jackets, I fell in love. The leather biker is a classic piece that would get worn with pretty much every outfit I could ever think of putting together and never go out of style; whereas the honeycomb print jacket would help make any basic black pieces look planned and thought out - don't you just love effortless style?
In terms of accessories, I've been looking at nude pieces for Spring as they go with just about anything and that blush Heroin bag is stunning, so I knew I had to have it - in my imaginary shopping bag of course. Today wasn't anything to go by, but it's been pretty sunny recently here in the North East and I've had to remember where I stored those sunglasses before winter. I think it's safe to say that I'm definitely in need of a new pair, so I went for the good ole' aviator and slightly retro styles. Simple, stylish, they'll go with everything, sorted.
Nothing compares to a little retail therapy every now and then - even if it is just in the form of a wish list.
These articles might interest you :
People keep saying to me, “Oh your little girl must be loving the normality of being back home in Australia.” I smile, nodding meekly, not wanting to seem... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Mint Mocha Musings
EXPAT, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
Another Month has come and gone! We are travelling through 2017 far too quickly! As much as I would love time to stand still for a moment – it can’t, and it... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Mischieviousmum
US soda sales are at the lowest since 1985. And they're not likely to pick up soon, as reports about the potentially brain-damaging properties of sugary drinks... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
Number 41 of my semi-regular instalment of biodiversity cartoons, and the first for 2017. See full stock of previous ‘Cartoon guide to biodiversity loss’... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Bradshaw
Seriously what is going on with the weather? I woke up yesterday morning looked out the window and was greeted by beautiful blue skies, brilliant I though to... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Ashley Crombet-Beolens
Sitting or standing, underhand or overhand, front-toss is tough to beat.There are several ways to practice hitting. Live BP and hitting off a tee are popular... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Meachrm
Judge R. David Proctor (center), with family members whohave benefited from ties to corrupt Trump AG Jeff Sessions(From facebook.com)How many ways can a... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Rogershuler
MOST POPULAR FROM FASHION
- Charlotte Tilbury Makeup- GLOW before summer by A Beauty Feature
- Amy Winehouse - Lid http://ift.tt/2pb6DSg by Lauramoodley
- What I Wore: Little Bit Rock & Roll [Sponsored] by Wardrobeoxygen
- What to Buy for the Fashion-Conscious Man by Meghashop
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FASHION
- My Haircut Story! Why I went for Short Haircut? by Hetal Shah
- What I Wore at Amazon India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2017 Day 2 by Hetal Shah
- Recent Fashion Purchases: Hits and Misses by Wardrobeoxygen
- Colleen Moore on being a Flapper 1922 by Glamourdaze