- Diet starting weight: 304
- Week starting weight: 291
- Today's weight: 289
- Week weight loss: 2 lbs
- Total weight lost: 15 lbs
I am pleased to report another weekly loss in my Countdown to Vegas challenge. I have lost a total of 15 pounds in the last 9 weeks, and I have posted a loss in 8 out of the 9 weeks. My weight loss graph is finally starting to take a turn for the better and seeing the 280s again on the scale was awesome! It's been way too long. If all goes according to plan I hopefully won't be seeing them again in a couple of months – but in the other direction!
It doesn't seem possible I have been doing this challenge for 9 weeks and it doesn't seem like losing only 15 pounds is that great over such a long period of time, but I have to keep my goal in mind – and to achieve that goal of losing 40 pounds by the end of June I needed only to lose 1.25 pounds per week and I am currently on a 1.67 pounds per week rate. It feels like I have been doing this a long time and it doesn't feel like I have seen much change, but that's what's so great about writing about your weight loss journey – the written word doesn't forget.
Things I did well this week:
- Repeated my mantra "Vegas, baby, Vegas" numerous times every day, which helped keep me focused on making better decisions
- Drank a lot of water every day – although I have found it's harder to do after work
- Very few eating slip-ups
- Burned 719 calories in a 40 minute elliptical workout – both personal bests
Things I did not so well this week:
- Did not do as much exercise as I had planned – yesterday I started a 60 minute elliptical workout but quit after 30
- One fast food slip-up, and it was bad – Large Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich, 2 potato cakes and an order of onion rings. Felt terrible afterward
- Still dipping into the Christmas cookies too much – although hopefully they will be gone soon
I'll be traveling for work for a couple of days this week but it's at the place with the kitchenette in the hotel so I will stock up on good food and also plan to bring my workout gear since they have an elliptical. It's been a long time since I have worked out on a business trip but I'm pushing to make it happen this week.
Looking forward to another great week!
Eight losses in nine weeks – a promising start to my goal of losing 40 pounds by June 30th, 2011.