Dogs are also like human beings. They also have their own dental issues. I'll give you some idea about the common dental problems of your dogs. Knowing this problems, you'll be able to feel the urge to prevent this from happening to your dog.
Dental problems in dogs:
- Plaque. This is the accumulation of food particles and bacteria along the the gumline.
- Tartar. This is form if unremoved plaque is combined with minerals in the saliva.
- Periodontal Disease. A serious infection that spreads to the tissues and bone in which the teeth are rooted causing loss of the teeth.
- Gengivitis. This is the inflammation of the gums caused by accumulation of food particles in the crevices between the gums and the teeth.
- Broken teeth. This is commonly caused by aggressive chewing on hard objects.
Most common signs of oral disease which you would watch out for:
- Increase salivation
- Yellow and brown tartar bulidup
- Missing or loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Red inflamed gums
- Difficulty chewing
- Change in eating habits
- Pawing at the mouth