Of course, there were times when I didn't leave a comment in return. After reading this article it got me thinking, why I stopped leaving comments and sometimes even stopped following a blog no matter how awesome their posts were.
1. I hate1-2 words comments. I'm talking about bloggers who leave the same comment over and over again "yummy" "great post" "delicious" and nothing else.
2. I hate when commenting on a post you're automatically subscribed to the following comments. Please, remove that option or no one will leave a comment on your blog EVER!
3. I stopped leaving comments on one blog after received the same cheesy comment at least 5 times : This is my first visit to your site but based on what I've read so far, I'll definitely be back. (shell I mention I've seen the same comment on other blogs also?)
4. First time visitors comments : "I'm your new follower, hope you'll follow back" and no other words about by post/recipe/blog.
5. I hate the word verification but captcha is really really annoying, especially when there are some drawings over the tiny letters.
6. Too small or too big fronts. Did I mention colorful? No matter if you're the best blogger or not, people will stop visiting your site due to eye problems.
7. More Google adds in one post that food photos. I understand that you're trying to make a buck and really don't mind the sidebar adds but not in the actual post while I'm trying to figure out how you made that amazing cake.
8. Header adds. I want to see the post first thing when I click on your blog url, having to scroll, scroll and scroll is not a good thing. Take a second and think about your readers too not just your wallet.
9. Blogs with biiiiiiig size pictures that slow and sometimes freeze my browser. There are so many free photo programs, no need to upload your 3400X2300 photos in their original size.
10. Ahem ... I hope you'll be honest and tell me what's wrong with my blog
These articles might interest you :
Hello, tray of freshly baked, chocolate-oozing, buttery cookies, hello, waft of butterscotch, brown sugar fumes, dancing and spiralling their way into my nose i... Read moreBy Helenaberthon
FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
So it’s your first Christmas apart and you’ve decided to send your ex a card. The dilemma that now faces you, is what do you write inside and how do you sign... Read moreBy Judithmiddleton
Steampunk Glamor Bee Brooch on EtsyOh my Neo-Victorian, Steampunk Valentine...this is just for you!Steampunk Glamor Bug Necklace on Etsy Neo-Victorian is an... Read moreBy Dianefergurson
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, CULTURE, LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION, SHOPPING, SPIRITUALITY
Glasses on, glasses off. What a pain....The answer? Wear an eyeglass necklace!The versatility of the eyeglass necklaces that I design make them a unique... Read moreBy Dianefergurson
ART & DESIGN, BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, CULTURE, SELF EXPRESSION, SPIRITUALITY
I just found a really great set of indian inspired paper goods (ceremony programs, table numbers, menus, place cards) on Oh So Beautiful Paper that I thought I... Read moreBy Sapphiresandsaffron
ARTS & CRAFTS, HOME, LIFESTYLE
I’m literally obsessed with Elephants, so when I saw the elephant stamp from Paper Source, I immediately ordered it! Then I saw their whole India Stamp... Read moreBy Sapphiresandsaffron
ARTS & CRAFTS, LIFESTYLE
HIT ($47, now $54), GE ($19.20, now $19.53) and SHAW ($31.50, now $33.87) – From the main post FAS Apr $32 calls for .80, now .45 TBT June $35 puts sold for... Read moreBy Phil's Stock World
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- CHEESY QUICK BREAD RECIPE by Treatntrick
- Tasting Notes: Càrn Mòr: Celebration Of The Cask: Speyside 1991 by Alcoholandaphorisms
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce | Sauce Recipes by Simplytadka1
- Extreme Soft and Moist Bamboo Charcoal Bread by Zoebakeforhappykids