The first time I saw Colin Firth was in 1986 on Masterpiece Theater in a mini-series called Lost Empires. He was playing a young man in the Great War era who had joined his uncle's magic act. "The Empire" was the name of the chain of music halls they visited in various towns around England. He was sad and serious but compelling nonetheless.
Then there was A Month in the Country, again sad and serious but caught my attention in an otherwise forgetful film.
And then Valmont, the Dangerous Liaison's story, where Colin Firth rocked the puffy shirt (and Meg Tilly's world) before Mr. Darcy.
These articles might interest you :
The Showtime serial killer drama “Dexter” is getting a new star. Whether he sticks around remains to be seen. TV Line reports that Colin Hanks has joined the... Read moreBy Silyasa
In the uncertain shadows against a broken wall the figure of a young man lay in foetal position, only partially aware of the devastation which raged around him. Read moreBy Jimblack78
BOOKS, TV & VIDEO
The Decemberists lead singer Colin Meloy (@colinmeloy) is nothing if not well spoken. You can see it in his interviews and you can damn well hear it in his... Read moreBy Thewildhoneypie
It’s finally time to share the last installment of my discussion with Colin Drake on practice. There’s been a couple of months time between Part 3 and Part 4 du... Read moreBy Hanumandass
Courtesy : Prefix Mag Colin Munroe is back with his new song/single "The Fight of My Life" and it features our favorite Pusha Ton,the song is really cool and... Read moreBy Rover
There's NO TRAILER out there, yet, for this remake of the Arnie/Verhoeven film adaptation of the Philip K Dick novel WE CAN REMEMBER IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE,... Read moreBy Freeplanet
Free Will … Myth or Reality?Free will … does such a thing exist?This is an age old philosophical debate.Yes, says the existentialist,No! Determinists and... Read moreBy Hanumandass
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- The Addams Family (1991) by Newguy
- This Week in Books 18.01.17 #TWIB #CurrentlyReading by Lipsy
- Twofer Tuesday :: "97X Bam! The Future of Rock N Roll...97X Bam! The Future of..." by Ventipop
- This Week in Books (January 18) by Cleopatralovesbooks
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- Teddies and Other Animals by Ashleylister
- Edinburgh Fringe: Why the Counting House is now free from Ballooning fees by Thejohnfleming
- Review: What of the Night? (Cor Theatre & Stage Left Theatre) by Chicagotheaterbeat
- The Loneliness of a Long Distance Art Historian by Kirsty Stonell Walker