Drawing closeup and cropping out what is unnecessary can make just about any artwork more interesting. Many students tend to draw really small with lots of extra space. If you are trying for dynamic images for special uses like greeting cards, this approach will make a big difference. 1. Students may use a ruler to trace a border around the edge of a sheet of black paper.
2. An old CD works great as a template for the bottom circle. They should place it so that only 2/3 or so is on the paper and trace. A smaller circle is drawn centered above. Lastly, add the face, hat, scarf, arms and buttons and horizon line.
3. A black pastel is used to trace the all the pencil lines, pressing hard so that the line was easily visible. All the shapes are filled in with pastels, taking care to color around the black lines.
These articles might interest you :
Photo (c) Scope. All rights reserved.On the International Day of Persons With Disabilities last Monday, Scope decorated a giant Christmas tree with paper stars. Read moreBy Mmostynthomas
FAMILY, SELF EXPRESSION
When I began blogging in March 2011 I had no idea that the blog would become so popular. I started the blog as an extra platform for the Facebook mums group I... Read moreBy Therealsupermum
FAMILY, PARENTING, SELF EXPRESSION, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Wishlist: Really love this cropped sheer, handprinted blouse with chevrons. - PopThreads (via Handprinted Top Sheer Blouse Womens Shirt Chevron by Read moreBy Popthreads
You guys still remember the social networking service owned by Apple, Ping? There is nothing new or even know it? Apple's current CEO, Tim Cook finally dared... Read moreBy Hpmurah2u
SOCIAL MEDIA, TECH
washawaymysins: br0ku: s3verance: Pretty close to 1000 notes c: pretty close to half of them being you reblogging it from yourself but ily now lets drink Read moreBy Rosie
It’s no secret that cropped tops are back in for the Summer. I love them because they give you lots of options for layering. Pair with a chiffon tank, a cute... Read moreBy Popthreads
Recently while in H&M;, I spotted these ripped ankle length jeans. I kept eyeing them in the store. I kinda felt like the were teasing me. Each time I walked... Read moreBy Kena
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- 5 Amazing (but true) Things About Dogparents by Petbarrier
- And then we marched by Twotimesthefun
- Introducing Dolls From Heaven by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
- Strawberry Yogurt Muffins for Valentine’s Day by Hemapriya Natesan
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- If Trump Were My Kid: 17 Bits of Fatherly Advice for the New President by Designerdaddy
- ” It will all be worth it when you see that sweet baby.” by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Gianna Martello: The Dance Moms Interview by Thismomloves
- The Lessons Teens Have For Their Parents by Joanigeltman