Drawing closeup and cropping out what is unnecessary can make just about any artwork more interesting. Many students tend to draw really small with lots of extra space. If you are trying for dynamic images for special uses like greeting cards, this approach will make a big difference. 1. Students may use a ruler to trace a border around the edge of a sheet of black paper.
2. An old CD works great as a template for the bottom circle. They should place it so that only 2/3 or so is on the paper and trace. A smaller circle is drawn centered above. Lastly, add the face, hat, scarf, arms and buttons and horizon line.
3. A black pastel is used to trace the all the pencil lines, pressing hard so that the line was easily visible. All the shapes are filled in with pastels, taking care to color around the black lines.
These articles might interest you :
When I began blogging in March 2011 I had no idea that the blog would become so popular. I started the blog as an extra platform for the Facebook mums group I... Read moreBy Therealsupermum
FAMILY, PARENTING, SELF EXPRESSION, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Wishlist: Really love this cropped sheer, handprinted blouse with chevrons. - PopThreads (via Handprinted Top Sheer Blouse Womens Shirt Chevron by Read moreBy Popthreads
You guys still remember the social networking service owned by Apple, Ping? There is nothing new or even know it? Apple's current CEO, Tim Cook finally dared... Read moreBy Hpmurah2u
SOCIAL MEDIA, TECH
It’s no secret that cropped tops are back in for the Summer. I love them because they give you lots of options for layering. Pair with a chiffon tank, a cute... Read moreBy Popthreads
Recently while in H&M;, I spotted these ripped ankle length jeans. I kept eyeing them in the store. I kinda felt like the were teasing me. Each time I walked... Read moreBy Kena
I've had this jacket a while, but I've never gotten around to wearing it, until today. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you may already realize that I'm... Read moreBy K
As soon as I think of an appropriate place to wear this outfit…I will do it. An outdoor concert or festival, perhaps. I love the full, flouncy skirt paired... Read moreBy Prettylittlemrs
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- 7 Ways to Support Interfaith Families by Susan Katz Miller
- CRAZY COMPETITION LINK UP - 04/05/2016 by Maxwell1212
- Beautiful 1st birthday by Tokyo Flamingo with Pantone Colours of the Year - Rose Quartz and Serenity by Littlebigcompany1
- Hair Donation Day 2016! by Thismomloves
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Crew’s view: joining Totem for a passage by Behan Gifford
- marQ: Melissa Grelo and Shayna Haddon's New Children's Clothing Line by Thismomloves
- Friends are like plants. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Mainsail Features: headboard vs head ring by Behan Gifford