Drawing closeup and cropping out what is unnecessary can make just about any artwork more interesting. Many students tend to draw really small with lots of extra space. If you are trying for dynamic images for special uses like greeting cards, this approach will make a big difference. 1. Students may use a ruler to trace a border around the edge of a sheet of black paper.
2. An old CD works great as a template for the bottom circle. They should place it so that only 2/3 or so is on the paper and trace. A smaller circle is drawn centered above. Lastly, add the face, hat, scarf, arms and buttons and horizon line.
3. A black pastel is used to trace the all the pencil lines, pressing hard so that the line was easily visible. All the shapes are filled in with pastels, taking care to color around the black lines.
These articles might interest you :
I haven't done one of these posts in a while, so here you go. I can't stop thinking tonight and that usually means I really have to write about it. Whatever... Read moreThe 07 November 2015 by Drowqueen
Fierceness in the face of hardships and though circumstances. The rush to push on and keep moving even when all the odds are against you. Read moreThe 04 November 2015 by Shegotherown
This featured Caravan owner is Air Juan, a charter airline based in the Philippines. They fly to 11 destinations from 3 bases, with plans to add 10 more... Read moreThe 04 November 2015 by Diverdriver
The Central Cebu Protected Landscape (CCPL) is one of the most important drainage basins and watersheds of the Cebu Island. It is here where the city gets a... Read moreThe 06 November 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
[CN: abuse] So I’m reading this Washington Post article about some recent research on abusive bosses and come across this perplexing bit: But the... Read moreThe 05 November 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
GUYS!So, if you read my blog at all you know I live in Kansas City. I LOVE THIS TOWN. It's the best kept secret in the US, and I love that my team The Royals wo... Read moreThe 06 November 2015 by Jadato
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Friday Night Pizza Night by Samantha Curtis
- Best Black Friday Sales by Samantha Curtis
- Citrus Twist Kits : Personalized Supplies by Jcchris
- RC Minions by Evette Garside
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Thousands of Foster Kids to Benefit From Boycott of American Girl by Designerdaddy
- Hanukkah AND Christmas: 7 Books For Interfaith Children by Susankatzmiller
- Is church pointless for Mothers with young children? by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Gifts for sailors: ideas for the cruisers in your life by Behan Gifford