Climbing to the Tops: Fight Club (1999) in 10 ThoughtsPosted on the 12 June 2012 by Limette
1. I think I like this. The narration is cool, Edward Norton has the perfect voice and face for this seemingly frustrated middle-aged guy-next-door. I like the IKEA-animation-scene too. Oh, and there's Helena Bonham Carter. Everyone says this is their favorite performance of hers... might be true, I mean, look at her hair. Hair like that is a sure indicator of a great role.
2. Although this is starting out pretty well, I'm kind of scared that it won't be as good as everyone says. I mean, sure it's good, but great, amazing - fantastic? But it would be nice for a change, to see something definitely and univocally mind-blowing. Most things I've seen lately are good but you know... somewhere in the 8-area. I want to be able to say "THIS IS A 10!" (or almost a ten) right after a movie has finished.
3. Okay, maybe this is the movie I've been waiting for. I feel... newborn, in a way. I want to fight somebody. Hey, anyone here to fight? Oh, I'm just alone in my room...SO WHAT? I'll just fight an imaginary friend... huah... HAH... HAYA! Nice shot! WOOOHOO!... Ah, that felt good. So now, what's going on in the movie...?
4. You know, the worst thing about borrowing DVDs at the library (I know, it can't match with the fact that it's free), is when it F***ing doesn't work. Or if one scene doesn't work, and you have to jump over to the next one. I HATE THAT!
5. My initial assumption was that Brad Pitt was going to be the eye-candy of this movie, but actually Edward Norton develops a strange attraction too, especially in those fight scenes. I mean, he's quite different from Pitt, but there's something about him. At least in this movie. And of course his character is awesomely written, but I don't want to spoil things for the people who haven't seen this yet. (I know you're out there, I saw you when I was out there myself, until yesterday night!).
6. Is David Fincher a God or something? I didn't realize until I saw this one, how amazing a director he actually is! Although I liked The Social Network and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo a lot, and truly love The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I was never completely convinced by his greatness. His immense greatness!
7. Oh, twists... the best thing about good movies, the worst thing about bad ones. It's all about finding the right balance between unexpected/ awesome and unrealistic/weird. Guess what, this one belongs to the first kind.
8. When this movie came out, I was four years old. I wish I had seen it on the big screen! But you know, I really thought it was newer. It doesn't look old. Not at all, actually - it looks AWESOME!
9. This film shouldn't be my current treasure. It should be my... current reason to live. Current life philosophy. Current... current source of awesomeness!
10. This isn't the most well-written or insightful article I've ever written, so I can just stop pretending and really tell you what I have to say: I don't have anything to say. Fight Club is awesome, and people have said that before. It's one of the best films I've ever seen, and people have said that before. It maybe changed my life, at least a little, my view on life. And people have said that before. So let's celebrate and say it again: LET'S TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB - TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!
These articles might interest you :
Local News reports Three people were hospitalized Sunday morning after a fight spilled into the parking lot of a North Columbus club. According to Columbus... Read moreThe 14 May 2012 by Mikeb302000
Now, I know this kind of feature or post has been done numerous time by different bloggers, but it's nothing wrong if I do my version as well, right? We are... Read moreThe 20 January 2012 by Diana
‘Fight Club’ posters mock McCarren Pool violence - NYPOST.com: For every bad thing that happens in Brooklyn, there's a hipster with too much time on his hands... Read moreThe 29 July 2012 by Dotpattern
CULTURE, LIFESTYLE, SOCIETY
If I asked you what are the rules of Fight Club, would you be able to go beyond the second rule? I am sure most of us wouldn't. Yet, Fight Club remains one of... Read moreThe 26 August 2012 by Rajtilak
Fight Club (1999): behind the scenes photos with David Fincher, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter. I am not the author of these images. For... Read moreThe 17 March 2013 by Hanine
Not necessarily a “drinker”…… and not necessarily a “brewer.” It’s a question of definition John over at Home Brew Manual has put forth as part of this month’s... Read moreThe 04 January 2013 by Bryan Roth
DRINK, FOOD & DRINK
Fight Club: A Project Mayhem Burlesque Adapted and Directed by Jonald Jude Reyes at Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark (map) thru April 11 | tickets: $15 | mor... Read moreThe 16 March 2013 by Chicagotheaterbeat
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
MOST POPULAR FROM ENTERTAINMENT
- First look at AVENGERS AI 8.NOW by Geekasms
- Disney Dinner and a Movie: Cars by House Of Geekery
- Dance Moms Flashback: Recycle A Few Classic ALDC Moments. And Fix Those Feet While You’re At It, Please. by Danthatscool
- Sam Smith – “Money On My Mind” by Audiocred