Climbing to the Tops: Fight Club (1999) in 10 ThoughtsPosted on the 12 June 2012 by Limette
1. I think I like this. The narration is cool, Edward Norton has the perfect voice and face for this seemingly frustrated middle-aged guy-next-door. I like the IKEA-animation-scene too. Oh, and there's Helena Bonham Carter. Everyone says this is their favorite performance of hers... might be true, I mean, look at her hair. Hair like that is a sure indicator of a great role.
2. Although this is starting out pretty well, I'm kind of scared that it won't be as good as everyone says. I mean, sure it's good, but great, amazing - fantastic? But it would be nice for a change, to see something definitely and univocally mind-blowing. Most things I've seen lately are good but you know... somewhere in the 8-area. I want to be able to say "THIS IS A 10!" (or almost a ten) right after a movie has finished.
3. Okay, maybe this is the movie I've been waiting for. I feel... newborn, in a way. I want to fight somebody. Hey, anyone here to fight? Oh, I'm just alone in my room...SO WHAT? I'll just fight an imaginary friend... huah... HAH... HAYA! Nice shot! WOOOHOO!... Ah, that felt good. So now, what's going on in the movie...?
4. You know, the worst thing about borrowing DVDs at the library (I know, it can't match with the fact that it's free), is when it F***ing doesn't work. Or if one scene doesn't work, and you have to jump over to the next one. I HATE THAT!
5. My initial assumption was that Brad Pitt was going to be the eye-candy of this movie, but actually Edward Norton develops a strange attraction too, especially in those fight scenes. I mean, he's quite different from Pitt, but there's something about him. At least in this movie. And of course his character is awesomely written, but I don't want to spoil things for the people who haven't seen this yet. (I know you're out there, I saw you when I was out there myself, until yesterday night!).
6. Is David Fincher a God or something? I didn't realize until I saw this one, how amazing a director he actually is! Although I liked The Social Network and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo a lot, and truly love The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I was never completely convinced by his greatness. His immense greatness!
7. Oh, twists... the best thing about good movies, the worst thing about bad ones. It's all about finding the right balance between unexpected/ awesome and unrealistic/weird. Guess what, this one belongs to the first kind.
8. When this movie came out, I was four years old. I wish I had seen it on the big screen! But you know, I really thought it was newer. It doesn't look old. Not at all, actually - it looks AWESOME!
9. This film shouldn't be my current treasure. It should be my... current reason to live. Current life philosophy. Current... current source of awesomeness!
10. This isn't the most well-written or insightful article I've ever written, so I can just stop pretending and really tell you what I have to say: I don't have anything to say. Fight Club is awesome, and people have said that before. It's one of the best films I've ever seen, and people have said that before. It maybe changed my life, at least a little, my view on life. And people have said that before. So let's celebrate and say it again: LET'S TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB - TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
No you didn’t just enter a time machine. Last week was really the first time I ever saw Fight Club and I have to say it’s one of those few films that is really... Read moreThe 27 April 2011 by George
Fight Club (1999): behind the scenes photos with David Fincher, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter. I am not the author of these images. For... Read moreThe 17 March 2013 by Hanine
I have been doing this blog since January, and sometimes I forget that I have not reviewed some of my favorites--the most compelling, most awesome movies that... Read moreThe 21 November 2011 by Shawndrarussell
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
Ive just literally finished an assignment for my Narratives module in my Masters Degree course on 'Fight Club'...which is one of my all time favorite film. I... Read moreThe 14 September 2012 by Bazkarim
Local News reports Three people were hospitalized Sunday morning after a fight spilled into the parking lot of a North Columbus club. According to Columbus... Read moreThe 14 May 2012 by Mikeb302000
Not necessarily a “drinker”…… and not necessarily a “brewer.” It’s a question of definition John over at Home Brew Manual has put forth as part of this month’s... Read moreThe 04 January 2013 by Bryan Roth
DRINK, FOOD & DRINK
Fight Club: A Project Mayhem Burlesque Adapted and Directed by Jonald Jude Reyes at Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark (map) thru April 11 | tickets: $15 | mor... Read moreThe 16 March 2013 by Chicagotheaterbeat
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
MOST POPULAR FROM ENTERTAINMENT
- Ray Manzarek: 1939-2013 by Hctf
- Mississippi Burning (1988) by Timneath
- Soccer Mom – “Ginger” (Lilys Cover) by Audiocred
- Doin it Right (Vinnie Maniscalco remix) – Daft Punk [FREE DL] by Thedankles
Norway Terror Attacks Mali Amanda Knox Lady Gaga The Papacy Apps Harry Potter Barack Obama Hurricane Sandy Apple Climate Change Lance Armstrong Academy Awards Russia Nuclear Energy News Corp Christmas Economy Conflict in Syria North Korea Samsung Thanksgiving Egypt True Blood China Mitt Romney European Union John Galliano Rick Perry X-Factor
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ENTERTAINMENT
- 5 Things People do in Movies- But Never in Real Life by The Daily Quirk
- Ray Manzarek: 1939-2013 by Hctf
- 'The Great Gatsby' Movie Review by Booksnob
- DanCool Hot Mess: You Only Get One Beach Body. So Use Protection…For Your Eyes & Ears. It’s Tan Mom, Bitch. by Danthatscool