We have three boys. So, the topic of circumcision obviously came up at our house. I don't know the right decision. I think it's probably fine either way. Here's what I found on the advantages/disadvantages:
This Essortment article looks at both from a medical perspective-not a mental stand-point:
According to Dr. David Hawker, Overall it is estimated that a quarter of the male population is circumcised - about 750 million males.
1. According to the old testament, it is a traditional for Christians to circumcise their newborn baby boys for cleanliness and hygiene. It is even more common in Jewish and Muslim faiths.
2. Men without foreskin are less likely to get infections around the penis. The foreskin is a warm and moist incubator under which infections can easily develop.
1. Excessive bleeding after the procedure: Out of 4,000 patients one may require a ligature, and out of 20,000 one may require a blood transfusion. 2. Infection following surgery: Statistically only 1 in 500 get infected and need antibiotics.
Here's another article on the benefits of male circumcision that talks about several things I never knew.
This WebMD article says circumcision make it less likely for men to transmit viruses like HIV, but I know I have seen other articles that say there is no proof of that.
What is your opinion? Should baby boys be circumcised?
Circumcision at Birth?By Newsanchormom
These articles might interest you :
Tamar Braxton just released a new single titled “My Man”today, an homage to her mother, who divorced her father after he had an affair with another woman. Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Firstladyb
I tried out the salt vinegar variety of McCoy's Chips a while back, and found them to be pretty lacking. I figured I'd give them another shot when I saw this... Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Areviewaday
FOOD & DRINK
A little fashion guidance is something we could always use, and why not get it from an expert? Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Bigcitylittleblog
LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION
Treehouse Hotel Club SPA “This is my December This is my time of the year This is my December This is all so clear” This song by Linkin Park is exactly how I... Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Travelrasoi
Happy Valentines day! Today we thought we’d spread the love and go visit @c2cchicago again and make another donation. Cradles to Crayons provides children in... Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Urbanmatter Chicago
When the big day approaches, many brides and grooms become so overwhelmed with planning and preparations that they lose sleep, [[ This is a content summary only... Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Demi Mist
FASHION, HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE, WEDDING
Is there life-giving magic in fruits and vegetables? Can they transform you – body, mind and spirit? In Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods, Anthony William... Read moreThe 28 April 2017 by Beccachopra
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, BOOKS, SPIRITUALITY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Best Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
- Modern Leather Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
- Mid Century Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
- Ameriglide Lift Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Channeling My Munchkin’s Inner Picasso with Azafran Organic Crayons by Sangeetha
- Sythroid + Sleep + Not Pregnant = Awesome by Sherwoods
- Do You Know What a Snap Streak Is? by Joanigeltman
- Chicago Toy Show Loot (April 2017) by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83