We have three boys. So, the topic of circumcision obviously came up at our house. I don't know the right decision. I think it's probably fine either way. Here's what I found on the advantages/disadvantages:
This Essortment article looks at both from a medical perspective-not a mental stand-point:
According to Dr. David Hawker, Overall it is estimated that a quarter of the male population is circumcised - about 750 million males.
1. According to the old testament, it is a traditional for Christians to circumcise their newborn baby boys for cleanliness and hygiene. It is even more common in Jewish and Muslim faiths.
2. Men without foreskin are less likely to get infections around the penis. The foreskin is a warm and moist incubator under which infections can easily develop.
1. Excessive bleeding after the procedure: Out of 4,000 patients one may require a ligature, and out of 20,000 one may require a blood transfusion. 2. Infection following surgery: Statistically only 1 in 500 get infected and need antibiotics.
Here's another article on the benefits of male circumcision that talks about several things I never knew.
This WebMD article says circumcision make it less likely for men to transmit viruses like HIV, but I know I have seen other articles that say there is no proof of that.
What is your opinion? Should baby boys be circumcised?
Circumcision at Birth?By Newsanchormom
These articles might interest you :
The reason you haven't heard from me much this month is of course because my new favourite thing is.... Our Kindergarten Classroom The start of the school year... Read moreBy Thismomloves
Do you work at home while your kids are off at school? Perhaps you have an online business that has you inside your makeshift home office, pouring over... Read moreBy Upliftingfam
Practically every parenting magazine or article out there praise breast milk to the skies, and rightly so! What else can give your baby such complete... Read moreBy Hemapriya Natesan
FAMILY, HEALTH, PARENTING
We’re having a rather cold spell of winter these days, and blankets and hot beverages are the norm! However, the days are all set to start getting warmer, and... Read moreBy Hemapriya Natesan
"North America's only full-sized castle and Toronto's premier historic attraction" - how could we resist the opportunity to take the girls to Casa Loma? Read moreBy Thismomloves
This post is sponsored by the Voice of Play.Everyone loves getting outside during the spring and summer months. We love to hit the swimming pool, the playground... Read moreBy Nesheaholic
With an increasingly global world, sometimes, life takes people who love one another far apart. The idea of a long-distance relationship can be daunting. The... Read moreBy Peppertan
FAMILY, HOME, LIFE COACH
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Ten Things by Moralfibres
- Cheap Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos
- Himalaya Herbals Sparkling White, Complete Care, And Active Fresh Mouthwash Review by Arshi01
- Floating Pool Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos