2. Each student takes their face print, puts it on top of a sheet of carbon paper, centers that on the grid paper and lightly tapes all together. To make a simple drawing, the students are to trace just the edges of their hair, shoulders and then the inside of their face. No details are needed inside the hair and clothes. When the drawing is complete, the top papers are removed to reveal the drawing on the grid paper. They carbon lines are then traced with a black colored pencil.
3. To color, the students should think of their portraits as four sections: the face, the hair, the clothes and the background. Starting with the face, they need to choose two colored pencils to work with. My sample shows red colored in first, stopping at the edges of the face. When complete, the other squares are colored (my sample shows pink). I think the eyes look best colored with their natural color.
4. Repeat the coloring process for the hair and clothes and background.
CA Visual Art Standard: Creative Expression, Grade Five
2.4 Create an expressive abstract composition based on real objects.
These articles might interest you :
I've found that drawing a portrait of another person from a photo can sometimes help students see more details than usual.1. Find closeup photos of different... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Vincent Van Gogh is probably most famous for sunflower paintings. This project shows how pictures can become more interesting when some shapes break the frame... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Unofficial Star Wars Family Portraits by artist Steven Quinn. (thanks Mark)The Presurfer Read moreBy Gerard
California-based artist Andrew Meyers drives thousands of screws at various depths, creating unique 3D images. Once the screws are in at the correct depth, (fro... Read moreBy Gerard
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, HUMOR, RANDOM
Today I managed to get up close & personal to one of my all time favorite Dior pieces. The exhibition at Le Bon Marché in Paris is one of very few where photos... Read moreBy Lauramoodley
These portraits of criminals taken in the 1920s come from the archives of the Sydney Police.The Read moreBy Gerard
A tiny asteroid passed close by Earth Friday (Feb. 4) but posed no threat of impacting our planet - or even reaching the surface, NASA officials say. Read moreBy Kovmil
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Cheap Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos
- Himalaya Herbals Sparkling White, Complete Care, And Active Fresh Mouthwash Review by Arshi01
- Floating Pool Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos
- Okin Lift Chair Parts by Bigdaddycarlos