After another week of business travel, I managed to return home intact but sooo tired. And of course, as luck would have it, the fridge was very empty and my little princess wanted something special from "Chef Mommy", as she calls me. So, I made for her chicken with lemon and sage, for which I used:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour- 1 garlic clove, grated - zest of 1 lemon, plus the juice of 1/2 lemon- 1 tbsp olive oil- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)- 1/2 cup chicken stock- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage- 1 medium yolk - salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, lemon zest and garlic to create a paste. Lightly coat the chicken breasts with the lemon paste.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Remove the chicken from the paste, reserving the paste
Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole and gently fry the chicken with the fennel seeds (if using) until lightly browned, turning once or twice.
Add in the remaining lemon paste, stock and sage and season with salt and pepper.
Mix well and bring to a boil, then cover and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. In a bowl, mix together the yolk and lemon juice.
Take the casserole dish out of the oven, stir the egg mixture into the casserole and put the dish back on the stove over a medium heat until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Do not boil!
Once it's ready, adjust the seasoning and serve with your favourite rice (I made some leek risotto). Enjoy!
These articles might interest you :
Aron Meystedt just sent out an email on OC.com OC.com is Available for the First Time since 1991! I will make this quick. OC.com, first registered in 1991 by th... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Worldwide
Google’s parent company posted a strong first quarter for 2017. The stock is up in after hours by 3.4% 891.44USD2.30 (0.26%) After-hours: 921.9030.46 (3. Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Worldwide
This post contains affiliate links. It is 9:45 pm on a freezing January night. My high school sweetheart meets me at the mall store where I work. Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Anovelsource
The heated set in my kindly upgraded 3 Series BMW hire car from Budget came in very useful whilst driving over to the afternoons training. It was a beautiful... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Stodge
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
Today was middle distance day and part of the World Masters Series! It was cold and manky with the odd shower so again really difficult to work out what to... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Stodge
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry, or so the saying goes, well, my plans for today were an early start to attempt to catch sunrise, and be out o... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Ashley Crombet-Beolens
Just click the “GET STARTED FOR FREE!” Money, money, money !!! And when it comes to money, alas, but! I honestly admit I do not know many people who will share... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Martin Gergov
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTHY LIVING
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Strawberry Cashew Butter (Paleo, Vegan, Sugar Free + Whole30) by Rachel Conners
- Florida brewery to release beer barrel-aged under water by Marc Wisdom
- Aloo Lilva Subji: Tuver/Pegion Peas Potatoes Curry by Shweta
- Tinda Recipe, How To Make Tinday ki Subzi , Apple Gourd Recipe by Anjana Chaturvedi
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- Where do pilots sleep during long haul flights? by Kash Pals
- Easy Pour-Mix-and-Cook Buttermilk Waffles (can be made with eggless too!!!) by Zoebakeforhappykids
- Mango IceCream No Churn EggFree Recipe by Prasanna Hede
- A Vegan Conversation by Chuck Underwood