Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
Last year I posted an article on vegan bags that’s been a pretty big hit with you guys. Since I stopped linking to Fashion Conscience earlier this month I... Read moreThe 21 February 2014 by Moralfibres
ECO-LIVING, ENVIRONMENT, FAMILY, LIFESTYLE
Image source: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Nye Last week my Facebook feed was full of discussion about the “Big Debate” between Ken Hamm and... Read moreThe 12 February 2014 by Elizabeth Comiskey
FAMILY, HOME, SCHOOLING
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Daisy Q & A: Balancing Parenthood Between 2 Working Parents by Daisyjd
- Interfaith Education for All: A Review of Being Both by Susankatzmiller
- Continually Negotiating With Kids Is Exhausting by Slattenk
- Gender Reveals by Accidentalxpert
Apps X-Factor Christmas Nuclear Energy Economy Climate Change The Papacy Father's Day Samsung Egypt Harry Potter Turkey Mali The Box Office Apple Rick Perry Rupert Murdoch True Blood Lance Armstrong Lady Gaga European Union Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama North Korea China Michelle Rodriguez Kony Halloween World Cup 2014 Russia