This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Getting Off The Lecture Circuit by Joanigeltman
- 8 Unique Ways to Celebrate Your Summer Birthday by Peppertan
- Drumond Park: Barbecue Party, review & competition by Evette Garside
- SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE by Countesstt