This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
You know how hard it is to find a foundation that performs well right? Well think about how hard it is finding one that performs well, is affordable AND... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Savvybrown
Technology has essentially become an extension of our physical selves. And it’s no wonder – we rely on technology for many things. When all of those resources... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Healthytravelblog
I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of “maturity” and “immaturity” again, ever since reading this Captain Awkward column about a person (context suggests... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
What is a Biome? Variations in natural environment, including fauna and flora, are determined by an area’s climate, land formation and composition. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Rinkesh
This is supposed to be a blog about life after cancer. 6 weeks post-recurrence, I'm still stunned that I'm now writing about life with cancer. I apologize for m... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Feedmedearly
FOOD & DRINK
Maldive IslandsMy friend and fellow children’s book writer Ann Stalcup and her husband Ed love to travel. In June 2014 they went on a trip to the United Arab... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Carolinearnoldtravel
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- FATHERS DAY LATE GIFT IDEA // Officeworks by Lilmumma08
- BuySend.com by Evette Garside
- A Full Life: Book Review by Thegenaboveme
- Cool Create Frozen #3 Fairy Lights by Evette Garside
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- O Rabbi! My Rabbi! Rabbi Harold White, Interfaith Pioneer (1932-2015) by Susankatzmiller
- Officially the Parent of a Kindergartner by Designerdaddy
- Clearing into Comoros by Behan Gifford
- Tips to Help Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant with Irregular Periods #tryingtoconceive by Upliftingfam
ON THE FAMILY FORUM
- Jolly Goods Reviewed by Nelsonsemy