Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Get Your Body Back After Pregnancy by Upliftingfam
- Minecraft Playstation finally gets Halloween skins by Boxmash
- My Christmas Décor: A Photo Tour by Thismomloves
- Red Lipstick Pop Makeup Bag Review by Maxwell1212
Apps True Blood European Union North Korea Lance Armstrong Turkey Harry Potter Thanksgiving John Galliano X-Factor Barack Obama The Box Office Academy Awards Economy Apple News Corp Lady Gaga Climate Change Halloween China Russia Samsung Mardi Gras Christmas Father's Day Valentine's Day Michelle Rodriguez Mali Egypt Hurricane Sandy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- 5 Awesome Ways by Which Dads Can Help Moms in Baby Care by Sangeetha
- 9 Home Remedies To Treat Gas in Babies and Toddlers by Sangeetha
- 9 Things Your Child Needs To Hear You Say by Sangeetha
- Being Present by Designerdaddy