This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
One thing this time is blasphemy and apostasy is doing is outing the hidden haters of Jesus to declare for satan. In the end, nothing will be hidden. (1 Cor... Read moreThe 05 September 2015 by Elizabethprata
Nowadays sunglasses come in all colours and shapes. However we have to consider that all lenses don’t provide the same protection. Lens tints are not... Read moreThe 08 September 2015 by Opticalh
Sunset over tourist ger camp, Mongolia My friend and fellow children’s book writer Caroline Hatton shares some notes from her June 2015 trip to Mongolia. To fin... Read moreThe 07 September 2015 by Carolinearnoldtravel
One thing I find both terrible and embarrassing is that on a tiny island like Roatan, it has taken me YEARS to get to some of the destinations around here. Read moreThe 05 September 2015 by Cubiclethrowdown
Nail stripping tapes has made salon like nail art possible at home. This ultra thin adhesive is available in all colours. With these stripping tapes you can... Read moreThe 04 September 2015 by Subha Bose
FOOD & DRINK, LIFESTYLE
Six more biodiversity cartoons — this time, from France. They’re in French to pay hommage to my hosts (and acknowledge their fanaticism for les bandes... Read moreThe 07 September 2015 by Bradshaw
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- My person. by Samantha Curtis
- The Busy Woman’s Survival Kit by Samantha Curtis
- Felicity Jane : Week 27 & 28 by Jcchris
- Thoughts for Thursday...... by Megthamama
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- What to Do When Your Child Says “I Hate You”…or Worse by Designerdaddy
- The Force Is Strong with These Gay Dads in Campbell’s Soup Commercial by Designerdaddy
- Connections to Daughter Abound Even After her Death by Yourtribute
- Ragi Idli Recipe (without rice) for Babies, Toddlers and Kids by Sangeetha
ON THE FAMILY FORUM
- Jolly Goods Reviewed by Nelsonsemy