Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Easy & Healthy Halloween Snack Hacks by Familybudgeting
- The best film scenes made from LEGO by Boxmash
- Must-Haves for Holidays in the UK by Smilinglikesunshine
- Fashion | Winterwear with Petit Bateau by Ourbabyblog
European Union Father's Day Valentine's Day Halloween Barack Obama Thanksgiving Hurricane Sandy Lance Armstrong John Galliano China Egypt Mali Michelle Rodriguez X-Factor Samsung Mardi Gras Apple Academy Awards Lady Gaga Harry Potter News Corp The Box Office Christmas Climate Change Rick Perry Turkey Russia Apps Economy True Blood
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Home Made Dry Fruit Powder Mix for Toddlers and Kids by Sangeetha
- Frozen Inspired Pumpkin by Hannah Staveley
- Today Is WORLD #SpinaBifida & #Hydrocephalus Awareness Day campaign! by Hannah Staveley
- There is freedom in speaking the truth about yourself. by Rachel Rachelhagg