Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Fridge Wisdom: Way To Go, Idaho… and North Carolina, Alaska & Arizona, too! by Designerdaddy
- Maggie Holmes Design Team : Halloween Cards by Jcchris
- A Challenge to Show a Little Kindness.... by Richard Crooks
- ...And Kathleen is Never Getting a Smart Phone by Sherwoods
John Galliano Economy Russia Mitt Romney China Thanksgiving Harry Potter Academy Awards Halloween Egypt X-Factor Samsung Lance Armstrong Mali The Box Office European Union True Blood Rick Perry Barack Obama Father's Day Christmas Mardi Gras Apps News Corp Apple Turkey Michelle Rodriguez Lady Gaga Climate Change Nuclear Energy