Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Exercise Enlightens by Thegenaboveme
- The best cake you will ever eat! by Sara Zwicker
- Fruit and Vegetables in Season in September by Moralfibres
- Oh the Fun We've Had! by Sherwoods
European Union Father's Day Michelle Rodriguez Samsung World Cup 2014 Harry Potter Egypt Kony Climate Change Mali Apps Turkey China Mardi Gras True Blood Barack Obama North Korea The Box Office Mitt Romney Rick Perry Christmas Thanksgiving Russia Halloween Economy Apple Lady Gaga Rupert Murdoch X-Factor Lance Armstrong