Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U will have 8 player battles by Boxmash
- New Super Smash Bros. Wii U trailer gets punchy by Boxmash
- Chast's Graphic Novel: A Book Review by Thegenaboveme
- Inner thoughts. by Samantha Curtis
Barack Obama Thanksgiving Turkey News Corp Hurricane Sandy Apps Apple Lady Gaga Father's Day Harry Potter The Box Office Samsung Lance Armstrong Rick Perry Egypt Russia Mali X-Factor Mardi Gras China True Blood Economy North Korea Academy Awards Climate Change Michelle Rodriguez Christmas Mitt Romney John Galliano Halloween