Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage with a visit to the Contemporary Latino Art exhibit open until September 26th! by Michelle Hernandez
- Feeling Blue With Autumn by Maxwell1212
- Tips to Ensure that Your Child’s Car Seat is Installed Properly by Upliftingfam
- HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY ABBIE! by Ourbabyblog
Thanksgiving Rupert Murdoch Russia Lance Armstrong Hurricane Sandy Kony Rick Perry Egypt Father's Day Samsung Climate Change True Blood Economy Halloween Turkey Barack Obama Harry Potter Michelle Rodriguez Apps Mali Mardi Gras North Korea China Lady Gaga Apple Nuclear Energy The Box Office Mitt Romney Christmas European Union