Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
Typhoon Haiyan ran a course of destruction through the Philippines this week, cutting through the middle of the country on a westbound track. It came with... Read moreThe 10 November 2013 by Behan Gifford
CURRENT, FAMILY, OUTDOORS, SEA, SOCIAL MEDIA, SOCIETY, TRAVEL
They are uncontrollable…They are monsters…We should have just taken the whole week off…This week is a waste…These are just a few of the statements that one may... Read moreThe 29 October 2013 by Mackenzie Sheahan
The bathroom has been the point of intense debate in recent years. The controversy surrounds a deeper dialogue about gender issues and the classic ideological... Read moreThe 07 November 2013 by Jakemontgomery
I have just prepared this material. It has been a hit with my kids and I really wonder if the children at the nursery will like these. Read moreThe 06 November 2013 by Smilinglikesunshine
FAMILY, PARENTING, SCHOOLING
'Lucky 13' Tips for a Safe Halloween is a pass along for the Food and Drug Administration, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Centers for Disease... Read moreThe 30 October 2013 by Jean Campbell
COMMUNITY, FAMILY, SCHOOLING
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Toddler Tales (30): Cardboard Bus by Tarana Khan
- 4 Ways To Encourage Kids To Clean Up After Themselves by Upliftingfam
- A child today is a hope for tomorrow (Thoughts on the Jubilee Baby Gift) by A Happy Mum
- Today’s Kids and High Cholesterol by Jean Campbell
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- 10 ways to save on clothing for kids. by Samantha Curtis
- Protect Yourself On Instagram by Wifessionals
- Ethical Fashion On A Budget by Moralfibres
ON THE FAMILY FORUM
- Cell phones and Kids: What to ... Reviewed by Francisco