Chalk Pastel Fall LandscapeBy Kathybarbro
This kind of loose, simple landscape lets chalk pastels do what they do best – make smudgy, soft colorful shapes. 1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.
These articles might interest you :
French artist Philippe Baudelocque is known for his street murals of animals created with non-permanent mediums like chalk or white oil pastels. Read moreThe 22 April 2014 by Creativevisualart
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY
Lavender: May reduce mental tension and stress while improving cognitive performance and alertness. Apply 1-2 drops behind neck am pm or rub a drop on hand... Read moreThe 05 February 2015 by Lindsayleighbentley
The National Sleep Foundation has produced new guidelines on how much sleep we need throughout our life. Along with a multi-disciplinary expert panel, the... Read moreThe 06 February 2015 by Sharon Dalzell
A glass of red wine is arguably a staple in a Valentine’s Day dinner. Sharing a bottle of red is not only romantic, but it also enhances and complements the... Read moreThe 06 February 2015 by Healthytravelblog
Reading is one of the best ways of escaping reality and creating your own imaginary universe, at least for a couple of hours. Out of the numerous literary and... Read moreThe 06 February 2015 by Gaurav Tiwari
I was busy preparing my upcoming post, a mix of travel and humor (two of my favorite things), when I decided to slow it down and write a “Welcome to the Weekend... Read moreThe 06 February 2015 by Stylemindchic
Paul Vickers talked to me from Edinburgh via Skype yesterdayPaul Vickers performs on stage as Mr Twonkey.“I went to art college and that’s when it all went... Read moreThe 06 February 2015 by Thejohnfleming
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- What Luxuries Could You Live Without? by Smilinglikesunshine
- Maggie Holmes : Project Life Week 4 & 5 by Jcchris
- In tears. by Samantha Curtis
- Spring Break Savings and Deals by Upliftingfam
Academy Awards Harry Potter Christmas John Galliano Halloween Winter Sports The Box Office Egypt Samsung China Valentine's Day Turkey Nuclear Energy Rick Perry Climate Change Barack Obama Lady Gaga European Union Apps Mardi Gras Lance Armstrong Apple Mitt Romney X-Factor Michelle Rodriguez DSK Russia Economy North Korea True Blood
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Clearly, at her age of six there are more issues than her bullying my son. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Sometimes when you stand up for something you stand alone. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- Exploring Sri Lanka by Behan Gifford
- Sri Lanka’s wild side by Behan Gifford