Caserio San Benito, Fine Restaurant and Museum in a XVII Century Manor HouseBy Jjgn @TravAroundSpain
At the entrance of the restaurant, a patio with a stone fountain leads us to the very warm atmosphere inside the house. This is a typical Andalusian countryside house, decorated with XVIII century antiquities. The house has his charm from the whitewashed walls, and the use of wood and lights, thus achieving a warm and peaceful atmosphere. A big chimney is the heart of the house.
The museum hosts a branch of old tools collected by the owner. The building is a new one built using only old materials from others old manor houses in ruins in the nearby. It has three naves with a wooden ceiling and a natural stone floor. It also hosts an annual exposition of old toys. Entrance is absolutely free.
It has been selected by prestigious guides as Michelin, Gourmetour, Repsol and BMW guides. It’s been awarded with the Gold Dish of Spanish Gastronomy and the prize of Malaga Province Council.
Restaurant Caserio San Benito has been the filming location for some regional TV series. Nowadays it’s still being used as a location for a successful national TV series.
Caserio San Benito is located on the north of Malaga province, near to the border with Cordoba province. It’s close to the A45 motorway that links both cities, this allowing an easy access. Check its location on Google maps:
Ver mapa más grande
A45 Motorway, exit 86.
Opens daily 8:00-17:00, and also Friday and Saturday evenings.
These articles might interest you :
Nick Revell – could this man ever become a UK politician?Comedian Nick Revell is working on his next hour-long show. We had tea together in Soho.“What is the ne... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
It’s hard enough trying to raise a child between two households. When you bring finances into the picture, things can really get messy. Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Peppertan
During the first couple of weeks of July 2015, I was a guest of Wine Tourism in Portugal in the Douro Valley. My mission was to explore the most beautiful wine... Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Nelsoncarvalheiro
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
RocketClub is a platform allowing startup companies to distribute shares to their users. Founded by two serial entrepreneurs and MIT alums, the platform aligns... Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Herby
I just had a couple of thoughts on Chromebooks that I wanted to share. There has been a growing interest in Chromebooks over the past year or so. Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Betchaboy
The organizers of the DomainX 2015 domain conference will be held August 7-8 at the Taj West End in Bangalore, India told Thedomains.com that they have over... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Worldwide
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Inspiration : 5 Pins & 5 Links by Simonea
- Let’s Eat Glasgow! – This weekend by Emma
- Marriott to Change Loyalty Program, and You Could Lose Out by Travellingtheworld
- Craft Beer Rising at Drygate this weekend – Got your ticket? by Emma
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- High Above the City State: Experiencing the Singapore Flyer by Wanderingjoshua
- Which Fried Foods Are Worth Your Coupons At The State Fair of Texas In 2015? by Ohsocynthia
- Marriage, Bloodline and Leisure in Bohol by Davedtc
- A Cycling Microadventure: Oregon By Weekend by Awanderingphoto
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- 西大寺五福通り，看板建築のまちなみ / Saidai-ji, Gofuku-Street, with nostalgia Reviewed by 0×高さ8cmイエロー
- 再開発に消えゆく下町，東池袋 / Higashi-Ikebukuro, unpretentious streets and ... Reviewed by アルミコーナーパイプレンチ35
- ノスタルジックな情緒溢れる渋温泉郷 / Shibu Onsen, a nostalgic ... Reviewed by 4cmフライパン(ミラー)1165
- From the Traditional Farming to Luxurious ... Reviewed by Ellie Tranter