Caserio San Benito, Fine Restaurant and Museum in a XVII Century Manor HouseBy Jjgn
At the entrance of the restaurant, a patio with a stone fountain leads us to the very warm atmosphere inside the house. This is a typical Andalusian countryside house, decorated with XVIII century antiquities. The house has his charm from the whitewashed walls, and the use of wood and lights, thus achieving a warm and peaceful atmosphere. A big chimney is the heart of the house.
The museum hosts a branch of old tools collected by the owner. The building is a new one built using only old materials from others old manor houses in ruins in the nearby. It has three naves with a wooden ceiling and a natural stone floor. It also hosts an annual exposition of old toys. Entrance is absolutely free.
It has been selected by prestigious guides as Michelin, Gourmetour, Repsol and BMW guides. It’s been awarded with the Gold Dish of Spanish Gastronomy and the prize of Malaga Province Council.
Restaurant Caserio San Benito has been the filming location for some regional TV series. Nowadays it’s still being used as a location for a successful national TV series.
Caserio San Benito is located on the north of Malaga province, near to the border with Cordoba province. It’s close to the A45 motorway that links both cities, this allowing an easy access. Check its location on Google maps:
Ver mapa más grande
A45 Motorway, exit 86.
Opens daily 8:00-17:00, and also Friday and Saturday evenings.
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Stick it up Shoreditch. Street Art Stickers 2 by Hookedblog
- Russia: The System Matters by Mendeleyeev
- Finding spice in Buenos Aires by Expanishargentina
- Food Review: Cafezique, 66 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5PT by Emma
Harry Potter Apps Thanksgiving Economy Christmas Lady Gaga European Union John Galliano Climate Change Russia North Korea Barack Obama True Blood Apple Academy Awards Egypt Turkey Rupert Murdoch Valentine's Day China Michelle Rodriguez The Box Office Halloween World Cup 2014 Mali Lance Armstrong Nuclear Energy Rick Perry Mitt Romney Samsung
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Bike Touring 101: How To Get Started by Awanderingphoto
- What Life is Really Like in A Sri Lankan Village by Expatgermany
- Les Crocs des Halles in the 1st: Greet, meat and neat. by Johntalbott
- Ushuaia: A Few Days at the Bottom of the World by Awanderingphoto