Caserio San Benito, Fine Restaurant and Museum in a XVII Century Manor HouseBy Jjgn
At the entrance of the restaurant, a patio with a stone fountain leads us to the very warm atmosphere inside the house. This is a typical Andalusian countryside house, decorated with XVIII century antiquities. The house has his charm from the whitewashed walls, and the use of wood and lights, thus achieving a warm and peaceful atmosphere. A big chimney is the heart of the house.
The museum hosts a branch of old tools collected by the owner. The building is a new one built using only old materials from others old manor houses in ruins in the nearby. It has three naves with a wooden ceiling and a natural stone floor. It also hosts an annual exposition of old toys. Entrance is absolutely free.
It has been selected by prestigious guides as Michelin, Gourmetour, Repsol and BMW guides. It’s been awarded with the Gold Dish of Spanish Gastronomy and the prize of Malaga Province Council.
Restaurant Caserio San Benito has been the filming location for some regional TV series. Nowadays it’s still being used as a location for a successful national TV series.
Caserio San Benito is located on the north of Malaga province, near to the border with Cordoba province. It’s close to the A45 motorway that links both cities, this allowing an easy access. Check its location on Google maps:
Ver mapa más grande
A45 Motorway, exit 86.
Opens daily 8:00-17:00, and also Friday and Saturday evenings.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Staying at The Baxter, A Cool Boutique Hostel in Edinburgh, Scotland by Jsbdsl
- London Spy 20:12:14 The Saturday Review From London Walks by Lwblog
- 2014 in review: the year’s most-read Invisible Bordeaux items by Invisiblebordeaux
- A Christmas Card From London No.19 of 24 Seven Dials by Lwblog
Harry Potter Valentine's Day Economy Lance Armstrong Egypt European Union Hurricane Sandy Rick Perry China World Cup 2014 The Box Office Barack Obama Nuclear Energy True Blood Turkey Halloween Rupert Murdoch Samsung Thanksgiving North Korea Apple Apps Russia Christmas Academy Awards John Galliano News Corp Climate Change Michelle Rodriguez Lady Gaga
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- 郷愁漂う駅舎，上信電鉄下仁田駅 / a nostalgic station, Shimonita – Station by Minakoshoh
- Accommodation Review: Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire, Scotland by Emma
- Paying-It-Forward by Awanderingphoto
- Eating My Way Through San Juan by Davedtc