Everyone from amateur to professional explorers and adventurers has captured their journeys since the days of Captain Scott (shown below), among others.
Today photos can be streamed live and appear on websites mere hours and minutes after being taken. Seeing a person pulling a pulk across the Antarctic or struggling up a windy K2 is incredible, it makes you feel like you're there and gives a great insight in to what is going on, often half way across the world. These photos inspire me to go out and capture my own, as well as inspiring me to get off my chair and get outside doing something active, whether it's climbing or cycling.
With my new G2 in hand I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures from now on and I'll be sure to share them with you all. Anyone got any tips? Check out my older photographs on the relevant page on the top menu, with a better camera I should get some even better shots.
These articles might interest you :
I came across this great video earlier today while catching up on the news at the Goat Blog. It profiles adventure photographer Corey Rich, who tells us about... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
CULTURE, OUTDOORS, PHOTOGRAPHY, TREK
Have you ever wondered what kind of training and preparation is necessary for an expedition length adventure race? Than you're in luck, as a new web series is... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
Are you still searching for a great adventure for 2011? Then perhaps the Put Foot Rally is just what you're looking for. The Put Foot is a road rally that will... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
If you follow the various adventure racing posts that I write, you've probably heard me say that 2011 is shaping up to be the best year for the sport in some... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
The Universal Sports television network, which is owned and operated by NBC, has declared April Adventure Month, and has scheduled a whole host of great... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
If you're still figuring out which adventure races you want to put on your team's schedule for this season, you really should be considering the Expedition Idah... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
Adventure travelers looking for a good website to help sift though all the available options for their next journey may want to checkout Kumutu. Read moreBy Kungfujedi
OUTDOORS, TRAVEL, VACATION
MOST POPULAR FROM OUTDOORS
- Montane Yukon Arctic Ultra 2017 Results – Enrico Ghidoni Wins 430 Mile Division by Abichal
- JMap 7 – More Powerful, Robust and Interoperable by T_mackinnon
- Video: How the U.S. National Parks Are Attempting to Lure More Minority Visitors by Kungfujedi
- Gear Closet: Garmont 9.81 Speed III Light Hiking Shoes by Kungfujedi
MOST RECOMMENDED IN OUTDOORS
- Protests on Boston Common by Fopg
- A walk up the Plant Evolutionary Ladder … all the way to flowers by Hollis
- Woman Sets Record for Fastest Person to Visit Every Country on Earth by Kungfujedi
- Three Trekkers to Walk the Length of the Great Himalaya Trail by Kungfujedi