Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) isn't coming back to Congress.
After months of battling through one of the nastiest and most expensive races in the country, the Tea Party freshman was knocked out of his seat, barely, by Democratic newcomer Patrick Murphy. It was a tight race all night, which paralleled the razor-thin margins polls showed between the candidates over the past few months. West and Murphy were competing for Florida's 18th Congressional District, an evenly split district that was redrawn in 2010.
West pitched himself as a military veteran who spent his first term in Congress voting to deregulate government, create jobs and overhaul Medicare as a way to preserve it.
Murphy, a construction company owner who struggled for name recognition among voters, ran a campaign built almost entirely on the message that he is the antithesis to West's better-known reputation: that of a party extremist known for saying offensive things to or about Democrats.
Bye-Bye Allen WestPosted on the 07 November 2012 by Mikeb302000
These articles might interest you :
Former Congressman Allen West decried the lack of leadership President Barack Obama displayed Tuesday night during his address and wondered where his sense of... Read moreThe 11 September 2013 by Hughvw
By Susan Duclos Lt. Col. Allen West at the 2013 CPAC. [WATCH] Related: Video- Rand Paul CPAC 2013 Speech Video- Rick Perry CPAC 2013 Speech Video- Marco Rubio... Read moreThe 14 March 2013 by Susanduclos
ECONOMICS, POLITICS, SOCIETY
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- Technology: A Vast Wasteland? by Technocowgirl
- Tax-free... apart from all the tax he paid. by Markwadsworth
- Oregon’s First Lady Cylvia Hayes discloses another $118,000 for consulting fees by Eowyn
- Pro Homo GQ Loves the Pope by Eowyn
Apps Valentine's Day Climate Change Academy Awards The Box Office Mali Russia Michelle Rodriguez Lance Armstrong World Cup 2014 Economy John Galliano North Korea European Union Harry Potter Thanksgiving Rick Perry True Blood Lady Gaga The Olympics Mitt Romney Christmas Halloween China Apple Nuclear Energy Turkey Egypt Barack Obama Samsung
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Obama chews gum, again. Indians incensed, insulted by Eowyn
- Sandy Hook: The boys who were evacuated TWICE by Eowyn
- Obama’s DOJ warns you can be prosecuted for saying bad things about Islam on social media by Eowyn
- Sandy Hoax: Forensic evidence of grey powder from shotgun’s breaching round by Eowyn
ON THE DEBATE FORUM
- What economic recovery? 109 Sears & ... Reviewed by Kirk Musgrave