The previous post showed rather swanky people at Clapham.I continue my tour of South London (and relatives houses!)We had a splendid English lunch --half at the picnic table in the gardenthen indoors when it came on to rain......
Well, this is Balham (where I was born several centuries ago) with more ordinary English people dressed for the middle of June. Hm.....
The overall color is gray. Good thing the rail worker got a bright jacket.
Note the newspaper reader on the left --winter jacket and all.
Oh well, I'm back in New York where it's almost too hot.
A symphony in gray and beige.
These articles might interest you :
Historical Fiction4*s Lizzie Borden took an axe And gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done, She gave her father forty-one. Read more11 hours, 5 minutes ago by Cleopatralovesbooks
Hi Huneybees,Hubby and I love going out for rides and recently we had the Toyota Rav4 Premium 2.0 to join us. I've always been a fan of the RAV4 series for its... Read more11 hours, 9 minutes ago by Huney_84
LIFESTYLE, SHOPPING, TV & VIDEO
Soprano Natalie Dessay returns to Carnegie Hall. by Paul J. Pelkonen Natalie Dessay. Photo © Sony Classical. Natalie Dessay is no stranger to adversity. Read more11 hours, 41 minutes ago by Superconductor
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
There are normally only two of us eating in this house and so I normally try to cut recipes in half for us, or create dishes which are simple and make just... Read more13 hours, 9 minutes ago by Mariealicerayner
FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
Well, there are a lot of winning factors that AMPM Cafe Bar has to gain your presence frequently. Though its rooftop fourth floor and fifth floor are silent... Read more14 hours, 10 minutes ago by Jaideep Khanduja
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
This week Tiger has actually done a few things around the house and he's so proud of himself. FFS. It's not anything amazing, just things that he should be doin... Read more14 hours, 39 minutes ago by Glossqueen
HAIR & BEAUTY, SELF EXPRESSION
Susan. Alison. Jeanne. I've been trying to find a way to ask this question and not sound like an angry black woman. I have figured out in the process that I... Read more14 hours, 49 minutes ago by Eastofmidnight
MOST POPULAR FROM TRAVEL
- How to Eat with Your Hands During Your Asia Tour by Enchantingtravels
- The Friday Image: Coffee is a Social Activity, by Sandy Di Yu by Berlinnotes
- No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan) by Rachel Conners
- Friday Is Rock'n'Roll #London Day: The Roots of Rock'n'Roll in London by Lwblog
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TRAVEL
- LA’s Pink Taco is Coming to River North by Urbanmatter Chicago
- A Guide to Chicago’s 10 Best Burgers by Urbanmatter Chicago
- Half Acre Finally Gets a Beer Garden and Taproom by Urbanmatter Chicago
- The Healthiest Boutique Hotels for 20172 min read by Healthytravelblog