We thoroughly enjoy when gas prices go over $4 per gallon. Why? Well because we like to visit family up in CT during the summer, but traffic can be such a pain.
Back in the summer of 2009 when gas prices crossed over $4 a gallon, people simply stopped driving. This was nice for me since we were able to cruise up to CT in under 7 hours. George Washing Bridge in NY, no problem. Cross Bronx Expressway, not an issue.
This time, prices have increased slowly, almost allowing consumers a chance to get used to the absolutely ridiculous rates we pay for gas. Something else is different this time too. People are still driving.
A recent trip to DC had us stuck in traffic for two hours. Out on Long Island, the rush hour still starts at 3pm and runs until 7pm. Bad economy? Not a chance if you look at all of the cars on the roads.
Anyone who still thinks that the war in Iraq was over oil need only look at gas prices to know that is horse poop.
These articles might interest you :
Crime Fiction4*s Computer hacking isn’t a subject I’d normally be drawn to as anything IT related is a turn-off as far as I’m concerned, but as I’d heard such... Read more11 hours, 59 minutes ago by Cleopatralovesbooks
My Skipper collection has grown over the past few weeks! This Skipper Highlight Reel post covers three new custom dolls that just arrived! The first two Skipper... Read more12 hours, 53 minutes ago by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
CULTURE, FAMILY, SELF EXPRESSION
Here is THE GOOGLE MAP for this weekend Friday It’s the start of Antwerpen Proeft a yearly foodie event, at Waagnatie (Eilandje). Read more13 hours, 12 minutes ago by Nessascityblog
In 1999 I had an abdominal surgery to rebuild my bladder out of colon. While I was in there, they removed my severely deformed and non-functioning uterus. Read more13 hours, 15 minutes ago by Eshwrites
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
The Victoria Sponge is one of my absolute favourite of all the cakes. There is nothing fancy about it. It is just a plain simple sponge, which when mixed and... Read more13 hours, 59 minutes ago by Mariealicerayner
FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
Awesome, Canadian Music Week, Country, country music, High Valley, Jess Moskaluke, Madeline Merlo, The Great Hall, Toronto Entertainment, Music, Reviews... Read more16 hours, 44 minutes ago by Phjoshua
LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION
When you think about the value of someone with a darker skin tone, usually they have also darker hair which makes their overall value down... Read more16 hours, 59 minutes ago by Imogenl
MOST POPULAR FROM BUSINESS
- Popular Types Of Websites You May Create Using WordPress Themes by Kharim Tomlinson
- Drivers recognized for their commitment to safety and pristine driving records by Ryderexchange
- Democracy That Delivers Podcast #65: Nikiru Joy Okpala on How Business Associations Empower Women in Nigeria by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Buy on the Rumor, Sell on the News by Smallivy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BUSINESS
- Strengthening the Capacity of an Albanian Business Coalition in Policy Advocacy by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Color on The Web: Its Many Shades of Meaning by Marketingtango
- Killing Mistakes Of Business Leaders by Divine T.
- 4 Chasms And 5 Customer Types That Kill Entrepreneurs by Martin Zwilling