I did things slightly differently and did dates instead of the cranberries and raisins, added some vanilla, and then added bananas and blueberries at the end. I also stirred in some chia seeds. For some reason (let's blame it on the time change) I kept forgetting to add things at the right time so I didn't add the cinnamon until after the initial simmer time, and I had to stir in the bananas and blueberries rather than putting them artfully on the top since I forgot to stir in the yogurt and honey first.
This tasted pretty good although I'm not sure that I'd add blueberries next time - the porridge seems to go better with more creamy and less tart tastes. I'll definitely be giving it another try though to mix things up a bit from the usual oatmeal, although to be honest I love the oatmeal more. :)
I also had my first boil over situation on the new ceramic cooktop with this recipe and am happy to report that it cleaned up beautifully!
- 50g (little less than a half cup) uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup so delicious coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chopped up dried date
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt
- honey to taste
- other additions as desired (I used chia seeds, banana, and blueberries)
- Simmer quinoa, cinnamon, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup milk for about 12 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed
- Add remaining 1/2 cup milk, dates, vanilla, and walnuts and simmer until desired consistency is reached (~5 minutes)
- Stir in honey and yogurt
- Add any other desired toppings & enjoy!