Americans Once Again See Russia As Their Primary EnemyPosted on the 17 February 2015 by Jobsanger
Since the break-up of the Soviet Union, the American public has had a much more benign view of Russia. Note in the above chart that as late as 2011 and 2012 very few people saw Russia as the greatest enemy anymore (only 2%-3%).
But that was before the invasions of Georgia and the Ukraine. Those invasions have made Americans think twice about Russia -- and the view of them as our greatest enemy has grown -- to 9% in 2014 and to 18% in 2015. That 18% is higher than any other country (including China, North Korea, and Iran -- the countries that have topped the list in previous years).
The chart was made from a Gallup Poll -- done between February 8th and 11th of a random national sample of 837 adults, with a margin of error of about 4 points.
These articles might interest you :
It's almost May, which means that it's one of my least/most favorite times of the year: time to plan summer leave. Summer is a tricky time in the foreign... Read more7 hours, 18 minutes ago by Sherwoods
Awesome, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Country Thunder Festival, Dallas Smith, High Valley, Old Dominion, Terri Clark, The Road Hammers, The Washboard Union,... Read more8 hours, 12 minutes ago by Phjoshua
LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION
Arbroath 3-2 Elgin CitySPFL - League 2Saturday 29th April 2017Arbroath is a former royal burgh and the largest town in Angus, on the North Sea coast of Scotland. Read more8 hours, 42 minutes ago by Smidrophenia
It’s a whole new world out there in the workplace. Millennials want work that matters, and don’t care for hierarchies. Boomers are coming back to work, but... Read more9 hours, 16 minutes ago by Martin Zwilling
***Editor’s Note: On Friday night work got in the way of my being able to attend the Kingston stop for Dean Brody’s Beautiful The post Celebrity Review: Dean... Read more9 hours, 28 minutes ago by Hendrik Pape
ENTERTAINMENT, MEDIA, MUSIC
Now Bahubali-2 is making good amount commercially throughout the world, the leading actor Bahubali Prabhas has become a shining sensation among cinema lovers.... Read more9 hours, 36 minutes ago by Ritu Pandit
Following up on last month, April's entry into the class of 1987: Prince's stupendous Sign o' the Times.Did I buy this album as soon as it hit the stores? Read more9 hours, 46 minutes ago by Russellarbenfox
MOST POPULAR FROM POLITICS
- Trusting Truth by Steveawiggins
- Sundown – A One Minute Meditation by Andrew Furst
- Liberals And Young People Are Abandoning Religion by Jobsanger
- Cowboys Fill Needs With Their Draft Picks by Jobsanger
MOST RECOMMENDED IN POLITICS
- Strengthening the Capacity of an Albanian Business Coalition in Policy Advocacy by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Thinking About A #BlackLivesMatter Mother’s Day Worship Service by Eastofmidnight
- Updated April 26: Sexually-Motivated Double Homicide in Delphi, Indiana, February 13, 2017: Liberty German and Abigail Williams by Calvinthedog
- The Hagar-Sarah Conundrum (Yet Another Question for the UUA Presidential Candidates) by Eastofmidnight