Vagina as we all know is one of the important organs of reproduction. It receives the semen and it’s also the organ of copulation.
Vaginal Discharge normally consists of discharges from different glands in the genital tract.
Let’s look at some causes of the discharge:
It could be Physiological; normally this happens after you reach a certain age:
• During Puberty
• During Menopause
• During Sexual Excitement
• During Pregnancy
• If You use Combined Oral Contraceptive Pills
It could be Pathological due to:
• Foreign Body ( use of IUCD, Intara-Uterine Contraceptive Devices )
• Atrophic Vaginitis (Inflammation of the Vagina ), happens in postmenopausal women.
How would you know that you are having either one of these discharges?
Check the color of the discharge, the frequency and the amount secreted in a day.
• Curdy white: indicates fungal Infection
• Greenish: Parasitic Infection
• Yellowish: Bacterial infection
• Bloody: Menstrual blood or maybe due to cancer
several times in a day
Do you have to use sanitary pads to contain the discharge? If Yes then , You should Consult!
Consistency of the discharge: Is it ?
• Curd Like
What are the associated symptoms?
- Burning pain during Micturation
What should you do?
Calm down! Most people freak out by this but it happens due to an infection which is treated with antibiotics.
Also, you need to give a proper sexual history so that the partner can also be treated for some cases.
The important fact that you should consider is that If You have such discharges on a regular basis and If You get bloody ones besides the normal menstrual blood then Please consult with your gynecologist!
Happy Checking People!