Can a cartoon inspire a blog post? Well, this one did:
I’m having some fun here, but the cartoon (and this post) do serve up some important reminders. Here they are:
2. It pays to have an elevator pitch. “Provoked to violence? Let us help, etc.” tells potential clients what they need to know.
3. The woman here has done something… rash. It’s important to remember that everything you do reflects on your brand.
4. When a brand makes a mistake, it needs a damage control plan. And it needs to respond immediately.
5. A brand can’t afford to cast itself as a victim and make excuses. Admitting mistakes
and apologizing says great things about a brand.
7. Blog post titles are important. Deceiving the reader is a sin. Making the reader curious and then delivering a good read, is excellent.
8. Fun fact: People are more apt to click on blog post titles that contain odd numbers. Hence the “9” in the title above.
9. If you persist at something, you will get better. My earlier pen line (see detail below) was stiff and brittle. I got better.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thoughts? I’d appreciate your feedback.