According to Kelly Love Johnson, author of skirt! Rules for the Workplace: An Irreverent Guide to Advancing Your Career, here are 8 rules to get ahead at work.
- Control your temper. Learn how to not get angry in the office.
- Listen, don't talk. You may be surprised at what you learn.
- Love change. Don't resist it. Change is good!
- Shoot for perfection. Don't rush, spell check and double check your facts.
- Be your own measure. Don't go on facebook just because everyone else do. Do what you think is right and be different.
- Dress the part. Dress professionally but don't forget to express your individuality.
- Lead before you are asked. This is a great way to show you are capable of a greater challenge! And why not have a little practice at being in charge?
- Don't watch the clock. I know its tempting but your boss will notice.
(Photo credit: perfectoinsecto)