2012 Adventure TEAM Challenge Takes Place Next Weekend.Posted on the 14 May 2012 by Kungfujedi @Kungfujedi
The three-day event is entering its fifth year and will once again send the teams into the Colorado wilderness where they'll hike, raft, mountain bike, climb and more. The athletes will be racing against the clock to complete various stages of the course as quickly as possible, with the fastest team being crowned this year's champion. It is a mentally and physically demanding event, but one that is very rewarding on a number of levels.
Typically the race has been held in and around the Leadville area of Colorado, but this year the course will wind through the red rock canyons near Fruita. This change of venue will introduce the high desert environment to the event for the first time which will offer new challenges for the teams.
I think that this is simply an amazing event with some very inspiring athletes – both able bodied and disabled. In order to complete the race, let alone win it, they'll all need to work together in a very efficient manner. Team work has always been an important aspect of adventure racing, but this event takes it to an entirely new level.
Good luck to all the athletes taking part in the Adventure TEAM Challenge this weekend.
MOST POPULAR FROM OUTDOORS
- Climbing Team Completes First Ascent of the Mirror Wall in Greenland by Kungfujedi
- The Goats of Kardamyli by Everywhereonce
- Google Street View Takes Us to the Dawn Wall by Kungfujedi
- Video: Amazing Mountain Bike Ride Caught in a Single Shot by Kungfujedi
Apple Lady Gaga Justin Bieber Climate Change Wikileaks North Korea Nuclear Energy Turkey Rick Perry Academy Awards Economy Mardi Gras Kony Kathy Long Christmas Lance Armstrong Michelle Rodriguez European Union True Blood Harry Potter Thanksgiving Apps Halloween Mitt Romney Samsung Egypt China Father's Day Russia The Box Office
MOST RECOMMENDED IN OUTDOORS
- Cruising Praslin Island, Seychelles by Behan Gifford
- How use less internet data by Behan Gifford
- Day 23: Passin' The Rainy Day by Erin "wired" Saver
- Day 22: Soaking It In by Erin "wired" Saver