2012 Adventure TEAM Challenge Takes Place Next Weekend.Posted on the 14 May 2012 by Kungfujedi @Kungfujedi
The three-day event is entering its fifth year and will once again send the teams into the Colorado wilderness where they'll hike, raft, mountain bike, climb and more. The athletes will be racing against the clock to complete various stages of the course as quickly as possible, with the fastest team being crowned this year's champion. It is a mentally and physically demanding event, but one that is very rewarding on a number of levels.
Typically the race has been held in and around the Leadville area of Colorado, but this year the course will wind through the red rock canyons near Fruita. This change of venue will introduce the high desert environment to the event for the first time which will offer new challenges for the teams.
I think that this is simply an amazing event with some very inspiring athletes – both able bodied and disabled. In order to complete the race, let alone win it, they'll all need to work together in a very efficient manner. Team work has always been an important aspect of adventure racing, but this event takes it to an entirely new level.
Good luck to all the athletes taking part in the Adventure TEAM Challenge this weekend.
These articles might interest you :
If you follow the various adventure racing posts that I write, you've probably heard me say that 2011 is shaping up to be the best year for the sport in some... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
The more things change in the world of adventure racing, the more they stay the same. A decade ago a team called Seagate, led by Kiwi captain Nathan Fa'avae,... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
Back in May, Xpedition.tv launched a new short adventure film competition which was focused on looking for emerging talent in the outdoor adventure world. Read moreBy Kungfujedi
The 2012 adventure racing season isn't finished quite yet. On Wednesday of this week, the Swisse Mark Webber Tasmania Challenge will get underway, pitting some... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
I'm not sure if it is a testament to how popular adventure racing is in North America or how disorganized it is, but there are two different National... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
I mentioned the Mark Webber Tasmania Challenge last week when it got underway, but I completely forgot to update the final standings yesterday. Read moreBy Kungfujedi
The Team GearJunkie adventure racing stable grew in size yesterday when it was announced that GearJunkie.com was joining forces with veteran adventure racing... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
MOST POPULAR FROM OUTDOORS
- Video: Xavier De Le Rue Rides the 55º Mallory Couloir in Chamonix by Kungfujedi
- Navigate the skies with us by Alpacaexpeditions
- Sherpani Named Nat Geo 2016 People's Choice Adventurer of the Year by Kungfujedi
- Leakey's, a Great Little Scottish Bookshop with Tons of Character by Ryderwalker
MOST RECOMMENDED IN OUTDOORS
- Passage prep: getting ready to depart South Africa by Behan Gifford
- Iridium GO! with PredictWind for weather and more by Behan Gifford
- Video: Hiking to Everest Base Camp by Kungfujedi
- Nat Geo Tells Us Where to Backpack in 2016 by Kungfujedi
ON THE OUTDOORS FORUM
- Experience The Greatest Adventure Stories Ever ... Reviewed by Lottie Burston
- The International Space Station Celebrates 15 ... Reviewed by Miles Madden
- Gear Closet: UCO Pika and Alki ... Reviewed by Dorothy Skertchly
- Himalaya Fall 2015: Summits on Ama ... Reviewed by Van Yagan