Planning for a baby can be magical, deciding to become a mom is a very exciting time, finding out your pregnant is a memory that will last a lifetime but not every new mom to be will be prepared for the pregnancy part. Those 9 months of feeling somewhat of a hippo, having those little feet dig in under your rib cage, crying at the slightest thing and craving the most disgusting items.
I asked the mums on my mums group what they wished they had know about pregnancy,here is what they said…
- That I would spend half the pregnancy not fitting into any of your ordinary clothes.
- The many many aches and pains
- The terrible sickness and not just at morning time
- To eat healthy as its so hard to shift the baby weight afterwards
- The severe horror of heartburn
- What a sweep was and how they did one
- That I would wee my pants quite often
- That my feet and ankles would swell
- That my backside would end up bigger than my baby bump
- How tired you get during pregnancy
- That the pregnancy bloom and glow never comes its a myth
- That I would not be able to walk, only waddle
- That I would become a moody, hormonal bitch from hell
- Not being able to control your wind, yes my farts stank
- That sleep was not something you would get much of
Feel free to add to our list – What do you wish you had know about pregnancy that came as a shock?