Business Magazine

1099 For Unemployment Compensation

Posted on the 04 March 2011 by Candacemoody @candacemoody

I am filing my income taxes and I need the Form 1099G showing the amount of benefits paid and the amount of withholding tax which was forwarded to the IRS.  How do I obtain this document?

You do owe income tax on the unemployment compensation you received this year, and it’s your responsibility to make sure you file on time and file correctly.  Florida mails the Form 1099-G by January 31st.  The form is mailed to your last official address of record on your claim.  If you change your address and there is an active forwarding address on file with the post office, the form will be forwarded to your new address.

If you did not receive your Form 1099-G due to an address change, you must mail or FAX a change of address containing your name, old and new address, county of residence, only the last four numbers of your social security number and signature to:

Agency for Workforce Innovation
Special Payments Unit
P.O. Drawer 5350
Tallahassee, FL  32314-5350.
FAX # (850) 921–3938 
Your letter must also include the calendar year requested.

You may also request a duplicate Form 1099-G by telephone, by internet or by e-mail.  To request a duplicate by telephone, you must call the Claims Assistance Center toll-free at 1-800-204-2418.  Choose the language and then option 0.  If you request the duplicate Form 1099-G by Internet, under the Quick Links on this page select Re-Print My Tax Forms. This takes you to the Weekly Claim Certification page. Once you enter where you live and your SSN and PIN you will have the option to print your tax forms, the 1099-G (shows the total Unemployment Compensation Payments for the year). Your AWI FL UCO-49T (UCO-49T) Tax Form (shows amount repaid to the Agency due to an Overpayment) is also available to you online.  To request duplicate 1099-G statements for current and past years via E-mail at, your request should include your complete name, only the last four numbers of your social security number, previous mailing address on your claim, the new address and the specific calendar year requested.

If you have questions concerning the amount of benefits received or tax withheld shown on the form, you should call the Claims Assistance Center toll-free at 1-800-204-2418.  Choose the language and then option 0 and a customer service representative will assist you with your inquiries.

You Might Also Like :

Back to Featured Articles on Logo Paperblog

These articles might interest you :

  • Study Skills for School and for Finance

    Study Skills School Finance

    Much to the chagrin of kids everywhere, schools across the country are dusting off marker-boards, straightening out rows of scissors and rulers, and setting up... Read more

    By  Finance4youth
  • Fundraising for School Groups

    Fundraising School Groups

    It seems like arts funding in schools are always the first to be cut. It’s a hard decision but with school budgets they way they are the past couple of years... Read more

    By  Mregina
  • Pet Wheels for Princess

    Wheels Princess

    Last fall when our pug Princess got her wheelchair I posted some pictures online and received quite a few questions about her condition and also inquires about... Read more

    By  Dianefergurson
  • Potassium Iodide for Kids?

    Potassium Iodide Kids?

    You have probably heard of people in the U.S. taking potassium iodide supplements-just in case they are exposed to radiation from food grown in Japan. It is... Read more

    By  Newsanchormom
  • Smile for the Rickshaw

    Smile Rickshaw

    So Photobooth's were all the rage last wedding season, so why not step it up a notch this season and get really creative. How freakin' sweet is the Rickshaw... Read more

    By  Sapphiresandsaffron
  • Dinner for Schmucks

    Dinner Schmucks

    is over the top and utterly stupid, and I think that is what I liked best about it. It tells the story of a financial executive (Paul Rudd) on the verge of a... Read more

    By  Kaiser31083
  • for Tickets for Concerts, Exhibitions, Excursions Tickets Concerts, Exhibitions, Excursions

    I wanted to go the the Musee D'Orsay on Sunday but I wanted to avoid the Sunday line-ups. While still at home, I found a link on the Museum's website for FNAC t... Read more

    By  Thecleverpup